Eeek - I can't help but worry about this!

Lyrah

Mummy to my beautiful H<3
Reaction score
Last night I had some awful pain on my ovary, and it felt slightly swollen. I woke up with it still there this morning and made an appointment for the drs. I thought it may have been a cyst as I had one a couple of years ago and I think the pain was slightly like this. It feels like a squeezing sort of pain with loooads of pressure on it and hurts to move.

Well anyway, I've just got back. I asked her about the irregular spotting aswell and she said that it's completely normal and not to worry. She said she couldn't feel anything but says I could have a small cyst or an ectopic pregnancy. She checked my urine, all clear. As it's a friday, she couldn't book me in for a scan but she said that if the pain carries on being this bad, then to get to A&E asap. She thinks the chance of it being ectopic is unlikely, but told me not to wait around as it could be that. She said if the pain carries on but is bearable, then to go back to her in a few days and she will book a scan for me. She was so lovely, makes a change cos most drs I've had have been not nice at all!

I'm kinda annoyed at my body though cos I want to know what is causing this. She did say that due to me ovulating, it could be just that I'm having a very bad time with it this time round. Who knows. I'll just have to see how it goes over the next few days. I really hope it isn't an ectopic.. I did think I was pregnant a few weeks ago so I am a bit worried incase that has happened.. :cry:

I do know a couple years ago I kept feeling a tingly, slightly crampy / feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen.. It wasn't unbearable or anything.. I kept thinking and hoping that I was pregnant (even though I was on BCPs), but after an internal ultrasound, my doctor found that I had a cyst on one of my ovaries. She told me that the tingly feeling I had was probably just fluid coming down from the cyst. It cleared itself up pretty quick.

I guess I'd just keep an eye on it and if you start to feel a lot of pain get yourself back to the doctors! :hugs:

Hiya

So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, hope you get it sorted out asap! :sad2:

I had sharp pains in the first few weeks of all of my pregnancies and have always been sent for scans to check for ectopic but thankfully they weren't! It was explained to me that you can get quite strong abdo pains due to the ligaments stretching and everything growing BUT I'm no expert so it always needs looking in to by the medical profession.

I have had spotting for nearly two year since coming off the pill and it's being investigated by Gynae as I'm told it's not normal. Those that have been on the pill can have spotting for a while when they stop taking BCP as it can take 18 mths for it to get out of your system but spotting always needs checking. I've had blood tests, scans, charts etc but still not resolved yet.

Your DR has all your details so I'm sure you are okay but to others who have spotting... see your GP for advice

Let us know how you get on...hope you don't end up spending your wkend in A&E
:hugs:

Thank you ladies :)

I guess I completely freaked out when I heard the two words 'ectopic pregnancy' It reallyreally did scare me and I seriously hope that I haven't got that.

It's just a matter of time, I guess. Hopefully the pain will go away and I'll have no problems. Argh, us women have it so tough!

I feel really miserable - I have so much pressure and such an ache in my lower back on the same side as my ovary's been hurting. And my groin is aching too. Argh :cry::cry:

I don't understand :(:hissy:

Better go back to the doctors to find out what's going on - if nothing else than to put your mind at ease! :hugs:

If it's still like this tmw, then I'll go back to drs Monday.

I'm just so miserable right now, my hormones are completely raging and I'm so frustrated.

xx

Thinking of you..hope you discomfort has eased.
Hope you manage to see the GP tomorrow and get some answers as to what is happening...and good news not bad!

:hug::hug: xxx

HI Lyrah,

Sorry you are feeling crappy. Hope it gets better soon for you.

:hug:

Kerry

I hope you are ok and everything works out for you dear!

Thank you hun :hugs:

My body is certainly acting very strange lately!

I hope Dr can sort you our lyrah .
Good luck for your appointment .. And stopping your pain . x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"