*Eeek* I finally did it!

nevernormal

Mom to precious Levi
Reaction score
I called today to schedule a doctor's appointment regarding my irregular cycles. I was going to wait until late July/early August since that would be closer to a full year of being off the pill, but I'm on CD102 right now, and I just can't do this on my own anymore.

Anyway... I figured they wouldn't get me in for a couple of weeks since I specified Fridays as the day I could come in, but they scheduled me for this Friday! I am glad to be moving forward... but already dreading Friday!

Oh dear... :wacko:

Good luck, hope you get some help and answers.
CD102, that must be so frustrating!

Yup... I even drank parsley tea for 3 days to try to induce AF. If my mom hadn't been drinking it with me I would've just thought that it doesn't work, but AF arrived for her (and she wasn't expecting it).

GL! I know how scary doctors appointments can be but just remember that they want to help you get preggers, so this is a step in the right direction!

You did the right thing, i know its scary but the sooner the doctor helps the sooner you get your bfp? x

well done you! I also went to the Doctors today and if nothing happens by december, (pregnant or had AF) then we are back at the fertility clinic, to hopefully go on clomid or something.

this happened to me as well, i went to my doc after 4 months of not getting AF after stopping my BC and my doc put me on provera to induce AF. see what your doc says, good luck!

Good luck hun :) I havent had a period for 170+ days :grr: so i know how frustating it is!

Hope you get your :bfp: soon

xx

Good worK!! Just make sure and write a list of all your meds (amounts and everything) and hubbys meds and any questions you can think of. :) It really made my Dr appt very informative and I felt really good afterwards...makes it less scary too. Bring your charts if you have any!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! Yeah GdaneMom, I plan to print out my charts and write down what all my cycles were since I went off of bc (that's how few there were, I can still remember even though they aren't written down lol). I'm also having my hubby pick up my medical records from my previous doctor (that I can't go to anymore because I am not a student), so this doctor can see what tests I've had done in the past and stuff.... I just really hope she takes me seriously!

Paula, have you been to a doctor to try to get AF induced? They say not to go more than 3 months without a period, as it increases cancer risk. I tried a natural method of drinking parsley tea to induce it, but it didn't work for me (worked for my mom though).

So the doctor's appointment went 1000% better than I expected! I didn't have to argue or try to convince her of anything! And she didn't make a big deal about my age (21) or my weight. I'm not obese or anything but previous doctors have always made a big issue of it.

She prescribed me progesterone to kickstart my period, and clomid to take CD4-7! She ordered some bloodwork today, and I have to go back for CD21 bloods after AF comes. I'm on my way to moving forward with things :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->