Eek...I have to have a caesarean

andbabymakes3

Just me and my girl
Reaction score
Saw my consultant this morning and he told me that because of an op I had 3 years ago on my uterus, they wont allow me to start labour.

Sooo...I am having a caesarean when I am 37 weeks. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Apparently if I begin contractions my uterus could rupture. Eek. Eek. Eek.

He said there is also a chance of my placenta eating into my scar (gross)...which could lead to me having a hysterectomy after the baby comes out.

If I go into pre-term labour I have to have a c section straight away.

Got to see the consultant and be scanned every two weeks from now until she arrives.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Lots to take in.

Oooh, that is a lot to take in :hug:

On the plus side, you'll get lots of extra scans so lots of extra chances to see your LO!

Hope it all goes well for you xx

Hey Hun,

I know its alot to take in but its better to have a c/s than to risk not being able to have any more bubbas in the future, and like Firegal says its a bonus to be able to see L/O every 2 weeks, what a great bonding experience that is.:hug:

Tbh hun I would get a second opinion. I have had a c-section and as a result I have scarring on my uterus, yet I will be having a natural birth this time as the actual risk of scar rupture is only 0.5%. They can check the position of your placenta and how it relates to the scar, eg my scar is on the front of my uterus, yet the placenta is on the back (posterior) so there is no chance of the placenta going anywhere near the scar.

On another note, 37 weeks seems awfully early, usually they wait until you're at least 38/39 weeks (term).

Seriously, do your research before deciding what you want to do.

Its a big scar!! It goes from belly button aaaalll the way down! They also had to go right into my uterus when I had the op as I had a large tumour on the inside rear.

I had been told by my GP, my consutant who did my last op and my midwife that it was a possibility that my obgyn would want a c section. So was kind of prepared for it - its just when he actually said it...EEEEK!

If the scar ruptures, it can hurt my bubs. All I want is her out safely!

Aww it's not so bad hon it means you'll ge to see your lo before you know it and be looked after properly at the same time. It'll be nice knowing the exact date as well. You can plan lots now. x

Guess that now makes me an august mummy! Bloomin eck...all getting a bit real now. My poor OH has gone into shock I think!!

I know it seems scary, but it is best that baby arrives safely. And like others have said, you get to see baba every 2 weeks!! That's brilliant. I hope everything goes well for you, try not to worry about it. I had a section and it's not as bad as you think it's going to be xx

Thanks for your replies ladies. To any of you who have had c-sections...what is the recovery time like? Were you able to pick the baby up straight away etc? I have no idea what to expect - my other op in that area was totally different to a c section and I was immobile for almost 3 weeks.

Eeek! Im sure it will go okay hon. I know thats a scary thing to hear though Im sure! Just remember its best for the baby :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->