Eek...

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I was just at the doctor for a review of my anti-depressants, which I'm on for PND, and he was asking how my mood has been lately. I told him how much I've been struggling with SIL being pregnant, and he asked if we would like more children. I said we had been talking about it a lot lately and would love one more if we dared take the risk.

He said he wants to refer us to the obstetrician to discuss a future pregnancy - and he is going to write to him now, even though if we do start TTC, it won't be for probably another year or so. He said it would do no harm just to talk to him and find out where we stand - and I guess that's right...I think if I knew for sure that we'd have to stop at one, I'd find it easier to come to terms with than constantly wondering.

It just feels quite official :haha: The only thing he said I might find a bit hard is that it would be at the ante natal clinic. I hope we don't meet anyone who knows us or my parents and puts two and two together and makes five!

Strangely, I feel a wee bit better having spoken to the doctor about how I feel and actually taking that step. I didn't expect to be discussing that today at all but it's been on our minds for ages now.

Sorry, bit of a pointless post but I know this is where I'll get people reading who will understand how I feel :)

Thats great. It'll be good to talk to the obstetrician to fund out if you have anything to be concerned about in a future pregnancy. It will hopefully take any stress out of ttc for you. I know I already feel like I want another but the thought of going through it all again is very daunting! It's very hard to see other people having 'normal' pregnancies when you've been through what you have. I hope next time round things go better for you x

Hi Katy,

If you don't mind me asking, do you now why little Sophie came so early?

Are there things they can do to prevent it appeing again?

I know that we are done. I couldn't go through this all all over again. We are blessed that Hermione is our 2nd and that she has only had your typical preemie issues, feeding, jaundice etc.

As much as i would like a third. Nothing more can be done in terms of prevention for me, so it would be pot luck whether I made it to term or not.

Sorry you are having such a tough time with your SIL. I would feel exactly the same.

Big hugs. Xxx

Of course I don't mind you asking JadeyB :)

I had pre-eclampsia which was discovered at 25 weeks and I was monitored for two weeks before they decided to deliver.

I know it's probably going to be a pretty big risk, and it's definitely not a decision we will take lightly. The doctor said it would be time well spent talking to the obstetrician though, and I do think if he says it's too big a risk, I'd find it easier to come to terms with rather than not knowing.

If we do go ahead with another pregnancy, I will be a nervous wreck the whole way through. I have a couple of friends who have had pre-eclampsia either as early as me or even earlier, and they've gone on to have full termers and just developed pre-eclampsia right at the end so at least there is hope. It's just the thought of putting another baby through all that...and also the risk to my own health when I have Sophie to think about. We've got lots of thinking to do!

xx

Aw hon, I don't know anything about pre eclampsia. I wish I could offer some encouraging words.

It sounds as though the appointment is just what you need. I really hope it's a positive appointment for you. Xxx

Wow i think that's really lovely of your GP to refer to an obstetrician pro-actively, not a lot of GPS would do that. I hope the appointment (when it comes through) helps to answer your queries and is able to put your mind at ease with some of your worries. And heres to a future happy and healthy pregnancy :) xx

I developed high blood pressure at 32wks and full-blown pre-eclampsia at 36wks, so it is possible to get pretty far into pregnancy, and my LO is pretty healthy (sigh of relief) -- I do understand what you mean, tho -- I'm 44 and up until wk 32, my pregnancy was pretty normal/routine and as much as I would love another one, physically, I would also be worried that complications might start earlier and I would prefer to fully recover from this pregnancy first!

Glad to see your doctor really being pro-active -- now you can relax a little!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->