Effect of quitting the pill?

tinyfeetdream

TTC #1 after early mc :(
Reaction score
I've been taking the Yasmin contraceptive pill for about three years and recently stopped taking it as we want a baby. I finished my last pack, had my 7 day break during which I had my usual withdrawal bleed, and should have started my next pack Tuesday just gone but didn't.

So i've not been off it long at all, (almost a week) but these last couple of days I have felt very emotional and I spent today and yesterday crying on and off for no reason. I have moments where I feel on top of the world and then I just want to cry again. :wacko:

Anyone else experienced this after stopping the pill? How long did it last? x

Hi, don't panic it's normal. It's your body starting to get itself back to what it was pre-pill so your hormones will be all over the place whilst it sorts itself out. I didn't notice at first but my poor OH did! It calms down after a while - mine was about a week - I still get a bit 'hormonal' about three days before my period and have a couple weeks where it feels like I'm on heat ( sorry TMI). To think, I never thought I was a woman ruled by her hormones either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->