EFM ...delivery at 36+ 4..updated with pic

EFM

Mummy of 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
Hi All

So as some of you will be aware, I had a Growth scan booked 16 Jul at 9.30 as I kept being told I was carrying a large baby....Fundal Height 40 at 36 weeks!!!!....I can tell you labor did n't seem inviting...My due date was 9 aug, the scan was to decide whether to deliver early and how to deliver!

Anyways, I finished watching BB9 on the 15 Jul...11pm whilst in bed, turned of the light, then felt, heard a 'pop'!!!....I was like OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD......my OH thought we were being burgled!!..I said my waters have broke!!!...and lemme tell you was like a river burst its bank!!

So off to Maternity ward I went to get checked they were going to give oral antibiotics as they said nothing more would happen yet..but...they didn't they decided to keep me in for observation....anyway my OH left at 1am, at 2.15 I started having what I can only describe as period pains....so had a bath...they were every 5mins.....by 5.15 they were a bit stronger so I went to see the midwife, ..I was 5cm dilated...so off upto delivery suite..and OH came back.....by 8am they were every 3 mins but stil bearable.....at 10 I wanted to start pushing....but stil with the thought of a big baby and being told I'd be observed again at 1130 tried not to...at 1020..I rang the call button for MW....at this point I accepted the gas and air and was told..'oh your fully dilated push all you want....5 sets of pushes later at 10.58am Beautiful baby Olivia was born at 5lb 15 oz!!!!!!!

I am so lucky!!!!!! She was slightly premature but we after 3 days observation in hosp are both fine and home.....she such a baby doll and already spoiled......Just goes to show...you never know what you can cope with
or how wrong MW can be about the size of your babies!!!!

I will load pics when camera recharged.......off to cuddle my lilttle princess

:cloud9::baby:
:hug:

Attachments

• olivia 22 Jul 08.jpg
    olivia 22 Jul 08.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 129
Congratulations!! Can't wait to see pics :D x

congratulations looking forward to seeing your pictures x

wow congratulations ... so baby wasnt big at all.
glad to hear u are both doing well !

was u drinkin rasberry leaf or doing anything to bring on labour because thats quite early, bless .. ?

wow congratulations ... so baby wasnt big at all.
glad to hear u are both doing well !

was u drinkin rasberry leaf or doing anything to bring on labour because thats quite early, bless .. ?

Absolutley nothing, although had had a busy weekend,,,,maybe just over did it.

Congratulations and well done, sounds like you did brilliantly!!

:happydance: Congrats, so tiny!! Growth scans can sometimes be so wrong too! xx

Congratulations, glad you are both safe and well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"