Eggs - what to mix them with?

charlie07

Reaction score
Hv told us ages ago to start giving Gabbi eggs, I was unsure as we have many allergies in our family but as far as we know, no one is allergic to eggs, but it still makes me a little nervous!

Last night, OH told me I had to start giving Gabbi eggs, ok, maybe I'll try them, but how can I give them? What to mix them with? Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

If you do decide to give them, I would scramble them with a little milk and butter. And make sure they are well cooked. x

I've held off giving Hannah eggs until now but if you are going to give them just make sure they are well cooked.

I have found this:
So when can I give my baby eggs?
Because of the fact that many children tend to be allergic to egg whites, doctors advise that you avoid egg whites altogether for the first year. If there is a family history of food allergy, then it might be worth excluding egg whites from your baby's diet for the first 2 years.

Well cooked egg yolk, however, can be given to your baby from 6 months of age - although you may want to wait on egg yolk, too, if there is a family history of allergy. The easiest way to separate the yolk from the white is to hard boil the egg, then simply remove the yolk. Alternatively, you can crack a raw egg into two, then tip the yolk back and forth between the shell halves, allowing the white to drain into a cup. However, some traces of egg white may remain and even tiny traces can lead to a severe reaction in an allergic baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->