Either way hes guna be in pain

babezone

Reaction score
well we finally started archie on gavicscon but now its made him constipated and his really crying because of it....so its either let him b in pain from acidy reflux oor pain cus he got belly ache n cant poo..

wat do i doo:hissy:

this constant crying is awfull x

Has he been on it long? Caitlin was fine with gaviscon ....try gripe water too :D

:hugs:
Poor little guy :(

Maybe try massaging his tummy or warm cloths so it releases the trapped wind? I don't know what else to suggest,I'm sorry.

yer i gives him gripe water...he only bn on it since thurs mornin and his poo has gone sooo hard n jus little bits bless him....so i stopped gavicscon last 2 feeds n u can tel he all acidy keeps gaggin n bein sick x

humpffhh x

and of course the crying!! x

hun i was in exactly the same position... i quit using the gaviscon and just put up with all the sickiness....

shes still sicky now...!!

but her being constipated was loads worse than the reflux!! Hope he gets better soon I know how hard it is!! :hugs:

We add extra water to 2 of Rhys's bottles every day to help with the constipation caused by Gaviscon. He is fed little and often as he's still quite sicky but found adding an extra 2oz of water daily sorts him out fine. I guess how ,uch water you should add would deoend on the weight if your LO, Rhys is 19 weeks and weighs 5.3kg

I was using something called ovol drops, similiar to infacol, and I stopped using it too cause it was making her poop too hard, she would be pushing for hours... Now I just used gripe water. But Jasmine does have reflux, so I dunno... Maybe cut down the amount of gaviscon??

can the doctor switch to something else? That might be worth looking into. Also, what about prunes or apple juice? I would call your doctor and see if anything would work to remedy, because its obvious the baby needs the medicine :( I hope he gets feeling better soon. :D

Have your dr switch medicine. They're is other stuff out there that doesn't cause constipation.

well he has an extra half an 0z water in every bottle he has for a cupple of weeks now as this helps his poo in this first place...he has been better ish wind/belly ache wise but bless him hes sooooo sicky its like even worse now its like him having real bad heartburn which makes him sick....he never used to be this sick wen he was born xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->