Elective caesarian

titch40

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone had opted to have an elected caesarian?:flower:

no I think I would rather give birth naturally. Why you thinking of having one?

I am seriously considering it and my OB agrees for my case.

just wondered if anyone had opted to have an elected caesarian?:flower:

Yes I am, after having two very bad deliveries the first I was expecting twins and had a cord prolapse and ended having a emergency section. Then the 2nd I went into labour at 25 weeks and my little boy was breech he got stuck and was very badly bruised and sadly became an angel so this time its a nice planned section.

i used to hate hearing about these celebs who had c sections for the sake of it. but after reading how horrific labour can be i dont bloody blame them lol xox

no I think I would rather give birth naturally. Why you thinking of having one?

No i had to have an emergency caesarian with my first but have chosen to have a vbac this time round. My consultant seemed dead against doing elective caesarians just wondered if you actually have that choice nowadays

what depicts 'elective' though, see i always thought planned, was meaning planned due to medical necessity, but elective was more choice

I also had an emergency c-section and my consultant wants me to go for a vbac. YOu cant just 'opt'for a c-section at my hospital unless theres a medical reason why you cant give birth naturally.

I think I'd only have one for serious medical issues.

After seeing how painful and slow the recovery is (3 friends have had c-sections) there's no way I'd want one unless absolutely necessary. You can't pick your baby up for ages, can't drive for 6 weeks (even if you feel physically ok to - your insurance company won't cover you if you claim and you'd had a c-section within 6 weeks) breast-feeding can be more difficult, infections are more common, you're more likely to need another one in future pregnancies, and it bloody hurts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->