Electric blanket???

sassymrsbee

Reaction score
I was visiting at my father in laws house this weekend, the room we slept in was very cold but had an electric blanket on the bed. I used it happily without even thinking about it!
It did have an automatic shut off feature, so I dont think it was actually on all night, and we kept in on low, but now I am concerned that I have harmed my baby! I read something about the electric magnetic fields and causing harm to babies. I also know it is dangerous to raise your core body tempurature too high.

Has anyone else used an electric blanket during pregnancy and been fine? Baby is still kicking like crazy and everything seems normal, but I cannot help freaking out a bit.

I use one all the time baby is fine I think I would prob kill someone if they took it :haha:

You should be fine, the magnetic field wouldn't be more than other appliances and the heat wouldn't raise your temp too much. If I was fine in a hot tub you are fine

I have my electric blanket on every night and have done all way through pregnancy i am now 37 weeks and still use it every night :) xxx

I'm sure cell phones put off some kind of ray too, and they're safe. I wouldn't sweat it, I used one a couple months ago and my DD is fine :)

I'm sure it's fine too. You will probably just have been toasty warm rather than sweating away all through the night so doubt your core temp and baby's temp would have become dangerously high without you knowing it.

Suspect there is more to worry about coming off a mobile phone and I have had mine next to me for the entire pregnancy :) x

The heat issue is a much bigger deal in first tri. Now, especially since you're feeling baby kicking as usual, there's nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->