Elijah's Birth Day (16 May 2009)

butrfly

Mom to Sweet Elijah
Reaction score
Elijah's Birth Day​

Mom had a restless night before. She had a backache which she blamed on indigestion as she felt better when she threw up. Her swollen feet were killing her but Dad gave her a foot bath & so she decided to have an early night and continue reading the David Eddings book which just arrived from the post.

Dad went back downstairs because he didn't feel so good leaving Vixen, our dog, too early in the night. She sleeps downstairs now since Dad and Stig & Snuttan moved in with Mom.

Dad always makes sure she feels loved anyway.

Soon after, Dad went upstairs to lie on the bed with Mom as he read his hockey forums. Mom was still reading her book & going up to pee every once in a while. The third tri of pregnancy is mostly about back aches, peeing & swollen feet - she had all three AND she was still considered lucky as she didn't suffer through other complications pregnant women seem to have.

During one of her pee trips, she felt some water leak out. She thought it was just urine. Yucky.

But it didn't feel like urine... for one, it seemed to come from another place.

She went & peed & ignored it. She laid down & felt some more water come out. She gingerly sat up. Nothing. Stood up. Nothing. Felt like going to the bathroom to poo (TMI!) but still... nothing. Nothing but water. Coming out & more strongly now. She debated on whether she should tell Dad... she didn't want him panicking for nothing.

She went to the door & looked at him. "I think my water's leaking-"

Dad stared at her, still thinking about the forum... "Your water broke?"

"I don't know. Maybe. But I think it's leaking."

"Do we need to go the hospital?"

"Let me call our doctor in Jakarta." And as Mom spoke to the doctor, Dad watched as more water came out and made a puddle underneath her. There was no need for Mom to tell him that the doctor said to go to the hospital. He was ready to go as soon as she put the phone down.

The neighbors were called and at 9.30pm, they were on their way to the hospital.

They arrived at 10pm & found out Mom was 2 cm dilated.

The doctor was called. He said he was on his way.

Neighbors came & went. Doctor arrived at about midnight, he checked & found out Mom was 3cm dilated. He asked if Mom wanted an epidural - which they call 'Painless Labor' in Indonesia. Mom said yes immediately. Although she was having contractions, she still could take the pain... she was worried about delivery which she though would be so painful she'd need the epi. He recommended that it be given to mom soon... Mom called her Mom, your grandma, who said maybe they should wait til it was 4cm. Mom thought that was a good idea and told the doctor. Doctor said... ok.

At about 3am, Mom's contractions were getting worse & worse. She was checked... 4 cm. The Anesthesiologist was called. Contractions were now 1 minute apart and killing her. Dad later told her how she shouted in pain through it all from 3am till 4am when the anesthesiologist arrived & administered the drug.

At around 4am, she got her epi... all was better. She was 5 cm dilated.

She managed to sleep some once the pain was gone. Not all gone, mind you. Her anesthesiologist did say that they offered painLESS labor and NOT painFREE ones. But it was definitely a whole lot less of pain... enough so she could catch up on some much needed sleep. Dad finally got to have some sleep, too... he slept on the OTHER delivery bed in the delivery room. Good thing he has a good tummy or else nurses miught have thought he needed to deliver a baby as well.

She woke up at about 5am and found out she was 7cm dilated. Nurses started to ready the room. Doctors were called. They helped Mom open her legs. At 5.20am, everything was set. Mom was checked 8cms. Nurses were teaching Mom how to push. Dad was awake and hovering around with his phone camera ready.

Mom pushed once.

Mom pushed twice.

5.35am, you arrived into the world and uttered your first cry.

Our sweet Elijah.

Mom & Dad are so glad to welcome you into the world!

Beautiful story! I can't believe how quickly it all happened for you! Congratulations to you and your family.

Looking forward to seeing more gorgeous pics of baby Elijah!!

xx

Congratulations and what a lovely birth story! What did he weigh? :hugs:

Thanks everyone :)
Elijah weighed 2.5 kilos

thanks for the positive vibes, everyone! elijah is asleep now whilst i'm updating myself on my mail, social networks & babyandbump. glad everyone seems to be alright!

congratulations to all the new moms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->