Elimination Communication

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Anyone doing this or know anyone doing it??

I know one person through FB who is going to be trying it from birth with her baby (dues next week) and I will be stalking her updates!!

:D

I just had a look at this, not something I think I could do. Sounds interesting though. This would be a great 'Ask a Mum' thread if someone on here does it!

I have watched programmes on this, its basically learning your babys ques and knowing when they need a wee or a poo...so they never wear nappies! its abviously messy at first but some mums knew babys ques at like 2 weeks old. I could not do it :lol:

OMG...just read about it! I couldn't even imagine doing that! Good luck to her. But that does answer some questions for me about seeing babies in china with a split in their pants and no diaper. Couldn't figure out how they didn't have soiled pants!

Like Paula says.....Nappy free babies.......:argh:

omg :shock: brave ladies!! Actually I have heard of this, but never knew what it was called... Don't think I could do it!! :haha:

i've heard of this too, would love to hear from parents that have done it, though i def don't think it's for us!

:rofl: I remember seeing a channel 4 documentary about different types of parenting a few years ago that had this on...I think me and OH just stared at each other blankly like...wtf??

Considering Olivia wee's about 4 times in an average 30min nappy off session.....I don't think we would ever get anywhere or do anything!!!! Hahaha....stop the bus quick....my baby needs a wee!!

Sorry...just read that back and it sounds really ignorant to those who do it :blush:

You couldent do anything or go anywhere. Its bad enough when you are potty training a toddler and they can say, i need a wee.

Im interested in hearing from people who have done it.... I may be skeptical but I have a hard time believing that you can really learn cues that easily. What about night time? Seems a little unhygenic to me?

Honestly I couldn't do it. Even thousands of years ago babies worn cloth nappies so it's hardly 'natural' parenting if that makes sense. Just seems like a bizarre new idea someone has come up with, and I don't really get it. Sorry!

Honestly I couldn't do it. Even thousands of years ago babies worn cloth nappies so it's hardly 'natural' parenting if that makes sense. Just seems like a bizarre new idea someone has come up with, and I don't really get it. Sorry!

I agree, if it was natural, all babys noses would turn a certain colour or something to say they needed to go. Ok, thats a bad example but you get what im trying to get at.

:rofl:

It's not for me either but I think part of the way it works is not only YOU learning their cues (which I imagine isnt that difficult) but the baby becoming more aware of themselves and their urges too. Like when you stop putting nappies on them for bed. I stopped Emily wearing nappies in bed when she was only just 2 and she very quickly learned not to wee over night yet she still had the occasional 'accident' during the day.

I put this under 'Natural Parenting' because as I understand it, it's more about not using nappies full stop as disposable AND cloth nappies are pretty much equally as bad for the environment. So I think it has an 'eco' type 'theme' to it. :)

My OH's co-worker did it with their daughter and I have been reading up on it since I heard about it. From everything I read and heard about from her I will definitely try it - but she didn't go diaperless all the time!! Basically she would use cues, etc when her daughter was awake - she always wore a diaper at night. They got it to the point where she was only using 3-4 diaper a day, then 1-2, and she was completely out of diapers at just before 1.5 years. It really made her daughter aware of her body sooner and she was out of diapers sooner as a result. They didn't just take off her diaper and stare at her butt waiting for something to happen LOLOL!!! :rofl: She would wear diapers during the day too they just learned her cues and would take the diaper off beforehand. I am definitely going to have a meeting with her and pick her brain!! :D
xx

I think I would maybe try it if I was a more patient person and if I didn't have carpet.
For sure. I watched a show on it and some people are successful with it.

What is a cue for peeing though? I never see any... I know when she is pooping. Im not sure what the point is... If it still takes until they are 1.5 years to be trained, and regularly alot of children are ready around 2 years anyway?

I've heard of this. They have more patience than me is all I can say! They say they get potty trained faster this way but my parents kept a diaper on me and I was potty trained at 13 months. My dad just bought me "big girl panties" and told me that if I messed in them I'd have to wear diapers for the rest of my life and it worked! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->