Elise in US

CloverMouse

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Why is my family having such a hard time with my daughter's name? She is Elise and she gets everything from Elsie to Izzy... I keep being told they've never heard the name. It's it really that unheard of? Or do they just not like it?

I've never met an Elise. I remember the name from a show I watched when I was little - Family Ties (the mom was named Elise).

And now there is a girl on The Bachelor named Elise.

I'm sure your family will get used to the name. If they've never heard it before, maybe they just keep forgetting the correct way to say it. Your baby was just born - pretty soon they will know and love the name! :flower:

I had a friend called Elise when I was young but it was spelled Ellysse

Elise (Elyse) is not an overly common name here but you do hear it abit. I guess they just can't get their heads around it? I'm sure it will stick eventually! I think it's a lovely name, was an option for us but we had a boy.

It is not common but not unheard of.

It's not super common, but definitely not strange or hard to pronounce. I think of Elise Keeton from Family Ties. :)

I think it's a lovely name! It's not super common, but it seems to be gaining popularity in the US.

I'm sure they will come around, I just didn't think it was odd at all ha!
Leesy- we actually use your sn as a we haven't decided how you spell it though.

I'm sure they will come around, I just didn't think it was odd at all ha!
Leesy- we actually use your sn as a we haven't decided how you spell it though.

Do you mean Leesy as an nn? My name is Lisa and in RL nn is Lisie

I knew an Elise in high school. She was kind, and I loved her name, but she is the only Elise I've ever met. :)

I'm not in the US, but I just wanted to say your daughter has an absolutely beautiful name. I think it's maybe more common on this side of the pond - it's not overly common, but not really unusual either. Regardless, it's lovely, elegant and pretty without being 'cutesy'. Congratulations on your little girl :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->