ellaroo or moby D??

Miss-Boo

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wrap for myself and my hubby to use for our first baby and I really don't know which one to go for!
I want to use it from day one, for around the house, trips into town and little outings.
I'm torn between an ellaroo or a Moby D.
the ellaroo looks nice and sturdy and versatile, but maybe a little tricky?
and the moby looks really comfy and easy to use but I heard they can sag a bit, not sure if the moby D has that issue?

also, with the ellaroo what size would I need? I'm only 5'1" and usually a size 8 but hubby is 6'1"

can anyone suggest which one I go for? thanks in advance.​

I have both and love both!
I have found the Moby lovely and kept my LO cosy in the nasty cold weather and its really comfy to wear. Ive not yet used my Ellaroo much as its less 'cosy' but its the one Im going to be using once hes a little bigger and heavier as if used for extended periods the Moby does sag with bigger babies. I havent had a problem with my Moby sagging yet and I will wear Theo most of the day, however hes still fairly light (somewhere between 11 and 12lb)

A woven will last you WAY longer! I've had both and I personally wouldn't rate moby's AT ALL :nope: I am the woven queen :rofl: xx

I've just got an ellaroo and its great but i'd say a wrap style sling would prob b a bit better for a little tiny baby coz the ellaroo doesn't seem that 'snug'...but then again i never had my ellaroo when Kian was tiny so i don't know for sure x

TBH honest I loved the moby for when Ryan was small is was really cosy and both me and OH could wear it, however I now have a woven and thats great as Ry is now about 18lbs. The other thing is if both of you want to wear it and your OH is 6ft tall your gonna need a long woven wrap which will be more expensive than a moby which are all one size (woven wraps come in different sizes) xx

I LOVE my moby but I have a very light baby at only 13 pounds right now so we have no sagging and I find it to be quite soft and comfy for myself as well. :thumbup: I can't comment on woven but I have been eyeing the ellaroo wraps for a while. They are stunning.

We used a kari-me when jocelyn was smaller (well, up to 11 months when she weighed 23lb 4oz and then we switched to a mei-tai) and found hubby and I could switch it between us no bother - he's 5'11" so near as dammit 6'!

It didn't sag massively that we noticed - if we had her in all day it might have needed tightening once or so but that was only as she was getting bigger! We loved our kari-me and are looking forward to wearing lowenna-bump in their too!

thanks for the replies girls, I think i'm leaning more towards the moby for now, then if i still want to use wraps when baby is getting heavy I will think about a woven

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->