Elle Francia is here!!!

oct-bump

Reaction score
Finally!! Our little girl is here. :happydance::happydance: Here's the birth story. I'm good at telling stories, so I hope this is OK and not too boring :)

Finally!! Our little girl is here. On Sept 17, I went to the doctor and asked if I can have an induction because I couldn’t take the pain in my bump. I’ve been having contractions since week 16 due to an irritable uterus. I was nonstop pain. To my surprise they said OK since I was already dilated 2cm, but I had to get another ultrasound to check the fluid and I also had to get an amnio to check the maturity of her lungs. The amnio was kind of scaring, but the contractions I got were more painful than the needle they used. On Monday Sept 21 I had the amnio and here lungs were mature  My induction was scheduled to begin Tuesday evening.
Tuesday evening rolled around and when I got to the hospital they hooked me up to the monitor and noticed I was contracting – gee go figure. Apparently, my doctor never passed on to the hospital that this why I was being induced. Anyway, since I was contracting and was already 2cm dilated, the hospital doctor decided to skip the Cytotec pills (these make your cervix soft and ready) and go straight to the drip instead. They hooked me up the drip with confidence that I’ll go into active labor overnight. Morning came and my cervix was still at 2cm. They started to increase the dosage every half hour. It took until 4pm to get my cervix to open further. Then bam, at 6pm I was there with a little bit left of the cervix. Finally, Elle was going to come! I sat there waiting and waiting, I asked for the epidural around 8pm because the contractions were get stronger. OMG the epidural numbed my right leg and made it swell twice the size of the my left. I couldn’t move it at all. The nurses had to move it for me. Around 10:30pm, I started to feel her crown. Wow, the pain you would not believe. It was a white hot burning sensation. The nurse ran to get the doctor, but she couldn’t find the doctor. It was horrible. Over the course of the next hour, the nurse was looking for the doctor and the nurse kept telling me not to push, let my uterus do the work. I could hear the baby’s heart neat disappear from the monitor at every contraction because she was moving into the birth canal. My nurse finally located the doctor, but the doc was in ER doing an emergency CSection. Around 11:15-20pm or so, I really couldn’t take the pain anymore, but luckily, the doctor showed up. I’m surprised I lasted that long. My DH was basically in shock and couldn’t help me – he was holding up my right leg this entire time. Anyway, the doctor came and she said to start pushing. I had 3 pushes per contraction. Within two contractions, Elle was born!! 11:23pm on Sept 23rd.
It was such a relief. As soon as Elle was out, my stomach stopped hurting. It was so nice.
Here are some pictures. A few from day 1 and her first bath at home on day 2.

View attachment 38402View attachment 38401

Awwwh congratulations x

Awwww shes so cute!
Congratulations, bet ur loving being a mummy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->