Ellie-Mae is Here!!! (Sorry Long)

BlondieNBump

Reaction score
Ellie-Mae is finially here :)

On my due date 10th March i felt really crap and down went to bed and kept getting little niggley pains that woke me up but i went back to sleep and didnt think there were anything then i got up to go to the toliet and felt really wet down there i went to the toilet checked it out and though it might of been my waters i also had a massive bloody show!! The pains started coming every 8 minuets and felt just like perido pains at first so i rang labour ward and explained what was happening to them they said give it till about 8-9 o'clock see how the pains are then and come and get checked out. I woke OH we were both so excited and decided to get up (really wish i had gone back to sleep for another few hours!!) So about half 8 the pains were coming every 5 minuets so they told me to come in. I got checked over and they said i was 3cm dilated i then said i wanted to go home and come back when i couldnt handle the pains any more. So me and OH went on a long walk around the street (really good for getting the pains to come on more!!) then i had a bath and the pains started to become really bad so i decided to go back in. When i go there i go checked over again to be told i was still 3 cm's i was so annoyed because the pains were really badand i was getting tired!!! They said they couldnt give me anything for the pain (appart for cocodamol (sp?) which didnt work) until i was 4cm's so my lovely midwife Jan give me a bath with jasmine oils- It was amazing and helped with the pain loads!! I then got took to a delivery room, the pains were getting worse but i was still onyl 3cm's they give me some diamorphene (sp?) to try and knock the edge off the pain and to see if i could get any sleep- this helped me loads still felt the contractions but chilled me out a bit more so i coudl lie down through them. Morning came and the pains were still bad we decided i should go home and come back when the contractios were 3 mins appart so i went back in about half 5 on Friday and i was 4cm's so i then got a epidural (nothing at all to worry about if anyone is having one mine was a godsent!!) and the midwife said she would check me over in 4 hours when i should be 8cm's but .... i was still 4!!! So they induced me and broke my waters and said they would check me in another 4 hours but i could feel the pains through the epidural ever after being topped up loads- Jan (midwife) checked me 2 hours and said Your ready to push!! I couldnt believe it i started pushing but it was hard because i didnt have the eurge to push because of the epidural and didnt know were i was pushing too. After an hour and a half of pushing another doctor came in and said your baby is a bit to rexled so we need to get you to theater and try a forceps and if that doesnt work i would need a c section!! I was so scared and didnt have a clue what was appening it all went to fast!! Any way they manged to get her out using forcepts at 4.47am 13th March 2010 weighing 8lbs 4oz (everyone was saying bloody hell she bis a big one for you- how did she manage to get out of you - with a lot of cuts and stiches thats how lol ), when i first saw her i just cired my eyes out she is so gorgeous and i couldnt believe i made her- it is the best feeling in the world!!

The next day and night in the hospital were awful!! I am so happy to be home with her and my OH. I am on i love her so so much it is unreal to me she is so gorgeous i just want to cuddle and kiss her all the time!! She is the best thing in the world and even though i had a pretty rough delivery and time after i would do it all again in a flash for her. It is the best feeling in the world being a mum!!

So sorry its long thanks for reading here are some pics...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• 184.jpg
    184.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 13
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 230.jpg
    230.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 22
Sounds like you had a difficult labour hun, but you did such a great job :hugs: Well done on your beautiful little girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->