Ellie Rose is here. Birth story and pics @:)

SisterRose

mummy to 3 monkeys
Reaction score
I was due to be induced on the 3rd of September after becoming gestational diabetic, having high blood pressure and a "small" baby.
I rang in at 8am like they told me to but they said that I had to call back at 9am, so called back at 9am to be told to ring back at 10am :dohh: slowly started to panic they wouldn't have me in! but I rang back at 10am and was told to be there for 11-12pm.

I arrived at 11:45 and was shown straight to my room, which was right at the end of the hall at the back and was lovely and out of the way! I got really excited seeing the huge bath en suite and the toilet, really nice. Also had a birthing ball waiting which I couldnt wait to try out.
They popped me on the monitor and examined me about an hour later, after they decided everything was alright and that baby was head down, but not yet in the pelvis they inserted propess at 1:20pm Friday afternoon, my cervix was so far back they could barely feel it and struggled getting the pessary up there, but got it in and left it to do it's job. The first lot of propess fell out :dohh: so they inserted a second lot about 6pm!
I started to get mild back cramps/pains shortly after this and I thought something might be happening, my boyfriend and friend had to leave at 9pm since I wasn't in labour and I had some codine, paracetamol, sleeping pills and went off to sleep!
Woke up the next morning with more back pain, which was getting stronger and more painful. I could feel LOTS of pressure bearing down on my pelvis which must have been baby preparing to make an entrance, we went for a walk outside to the canteen and I was breathing through the pains :haha:
We got back to my room for 1:30 so that they could re-examine me and see if the propess had worked, the first midwife still couldnt feel enough of my cervix to tell if anything had happened and couldn't get my waters to break, so she went to ask someone with longer fingers to check.
The next midwife to come and check got there anyway, and she broke my waters at 2:30pm Saturday Afternoon and she seemed to think I was already 2-3cm dialated. My contractions IMMEDIATELY become strongers and closer together, I was almost contracting once every 2-3 minutes just after 5 minutes of having my waters broke and I was in lots of pain. The midwife suggested I ran a bath and got in to help ease things off as I was already asking for gas and air or some kind of pain relief, by the time the bath was run and I was ready to climb in I was in agony having contractions every 1 and a half/two minutes!! I got in the bath and couldnt think straight anymore. I was panicing and crying, begging my boyfriend and friend to ask the midwife for some pain relief, and that I couldn't believe that I wasn't in active labour yet!
When the midwife came around to see why I wanted pain relief she told me to stay calm and that I wasn't in active labour, I was only 2-3cm dialted and only had my waters broken an hour before and I asked when I'd be classed as in active labour and she said 4cm+ I couldnt believe it!

She wanted to monitor the baby again but laying on the bed on my back was REALLY painful and I was crying and basically begging for the pain to go away, I begged and begged until the midwife agreed she'd give me pethadine and ask for the doctors to get me some epidural, 20 mins later she got me the pethadine and handed me the gas and air but by that time I was screaming "I NEED TO PUSH! THIS BABY IS COMING NOW!" and my body wouldnt stop bearing down! she kept insisting for me to clam down and that I didnt need to push but I was begging her to examine me and saying that I could feel the baby coming.
Eventually she examined me and she agreed, but couldnt believe that she couldnt feel any cervix at all and the babys head was coming RIGHT down and that I needed to push. Three/four more pushes and 3 hours of labour later Ellie Rose slid right out in to the world at 5:36pm Saturday night weighing 6lb 2oz. She's beautiful and I can't believe that I did it and she's mine. I cried straight away when I heard her crying and I kept saying I couldnt believe that she was mine and that I'd done it.

A few hours later my partner was laughing because the screen that was sending my monitoring sessions to the office still said "Rebecca - Not in labour" on it :rofl:

Here she is :cloud9:
A few minutes old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs211.ash2/47427_1494413053132_1618231664_31214085_7300393_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs314.ash2/59452_1494413813151_1618231664_31214093_5933388_n.jpg
A day old
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs417.snc4/48020_1493812598121_1618231664_31212286_3447557_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs634.snc4/59452_1494413853152_1618231664_31214094_3652991_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs634.snc4/59452_1494413933154_1618231664_31214096_2427875_n.jpg

shes beautiful congratulations !!! just shows you know yr own body !!! you tell em !!

congrats honey she is such a cutie !!!! xx

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely gorgeous.

Adorable!!!!

Well done Mummy! She is gorgeous!

Also made me desperate to meet my baby now. :haha:

Awww she is absolutely adorable!!! And well done you, nice & quick labour! :flower: x

WOW! she's such a doll!
CONGRATULATIONS mama :) loved reading your birth story, brought tears to my eyes, so inspiring and what a great reminder that we DO know our bodies better than anyone!!
way to go! enjoy your girl and all the best!
:flower:

Congrats hunni, she is beautiful!!!!!

My 2 year old saw the pics with me and is saying 'woooowwwww' lol! :)

Glad it all mwent so well for you, enjoy Ellie Rose.xx

Congratulations!!! The birth sounded very quick in the end. Your daughter is beautiful. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

congratulations honey! she is lovely, well done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"