Elliott George Kirkham - 10/07/09

SJK

Reaction score
Finally, here is my birth story ...

Sun 5th July
I was supposed to be taken in tonight for an induction and as the hospital was too busy, they cancelled, and asked me to come in on the monday night at 8pm.

Mon 6th July - My EDD
Arrived at the hospital at 8pm, was examined, was 1cm, hooked upto the monitor and had the gel inserted at 10pm, then hubby went home.

Tues 7th July
Was very dissapointed that nothing happened, and was sent home to try and bring on labour myself and told to come back that night at 8pm to do it all again. As soon as I arrived home, the pains started, coming every 5-10 min, but bearable, so I stayed at home all day as I was going back that night anyway, and when I got back to the hospital, the pains started to die down, so I had another gel inserted at 11pm.

Wed 8th July
Again woke upto nothing happening, was taken over to the labour ward to be examined by my consultant and was 2cm, but the cervix was too high to have the water broken, so was sent home again and asked to come back that night for a 3rd, I said no because it was my sons birthday that weekend and I wanted to be there, so I agreed to come back on mon 13th night for another pessary. I was only home for 20 mins, when the pains started and were very sore and I started bleeding, so I rang the ward and they told me to come back. Went bk and got examined, couldnt stick the pain, so I got into the bath and I begged for something stronger, so I got a pethadene injection, which made me very drowsy, but I was still waking up for each contraction, was examined that night and was 3cm.

Thur 9th July
Doctor came round this morn and said he was taking me over to break my waters, and I asked could I go for a bath, so when I got bk 30 min later, he had taken the next 2 girls and then there was no room for me, I was gutted and crying to the consultant to give me a section as I couldnt bear the pains, lay in hospital all day suffering

Fri 10th July
Was awake most of the night with the pains, but by 4am, I was climbing the bed and asked to get into the bath at 5am, the midwife came into check me and asked me to get out as the babys hb was too high. Was hooked upto the monitor and taken to the labour ward at 06.30. My consultant came in and broke my water at 07.30, and I was fully dilated by 9am. I begged for an epidural, which I didnt need, and baby probably wouldve been born by 10am, but it held me up by a few hours and Elliott entered the world at 12.50hrs after only 5.5 hours. I even got to watch him with a mirror coming out, which was amazing :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

photos to follow :happydance::cloud9:

Ahh, congrats to you, cant wait for the photos xxx

Congrats!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats on the safe arrival of baby Elliott. We need pics!!!!

xxx

Congrats hon, he's gorgeous :cloud9:

(these girls need to see pics too though!!!)

Congrats, sounds long but well worth it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->