• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Embarrasing question

mum38of2

Reaction score
Hi girlies, This is a bit embarrassing to ask but here it goes!...

My bf only ejacultaes a small amont of semen, say a teasppon full. Is this normal? Im worried but its not an easy subject to approach with him without me making him feel there is something wrong. We are using the cbfm and I have a regular 28 day cycle. we are both 38. Anyone got any reassurance or should I drag him to the doctors surgery?? :haha:

Hey I wouldn't worry too much on volume my DH had a sperm test done as we have been TTC for a while and the form said that anything above 2ml is considered normal so they really do not expect that much. I would see how you go and if you have been TTC for longer than 6months then I would see if you can pursuade him to get a sperm test as it may not be the volume but the motility etc. If you do take this route then tread carefully as the guys can get ever so sensitive regarding this as feel like it is a knock to their masculinity make sure you tell him that you are getting checked out also just in case it is a hormonal imbalance etc.

Good luck :hugs:

Hi !! ive also thought about that!! Im glad someone else also has this query?? Like you dont want to make my DH paranoid... I suppose its always been like that so i take comfort that we have a little girl together, so no i dont think it mattters. He also has a daughter from his previous relationship too. Good luck to you !!

I read randomly a couple of days ago that 1 teaspoon of ejaculate is the normal amount :thumbup:

We have TTC for 3 months. I have two children from prev relationship and he has a 17 year old daughter. Im really proud of him has he has completely stopped smoking altoghter. He has also been taking macca. Im just over 35 and i worry its too late for us to have a child of our own together, any little thing worries you.

Good luck to everyone on here, and thanks for all your advice.

:flower:

When hubby went for an SA we were told that a teaspoon is normal. They test for a wide range of things anyway not just the volume of liquid, but amount of sperm, viscosity, number of abnormal sperm, how fast they swim etc.

I wouldn't worry about it. But should he wanna take a test his gp can refer him and its super easy, honest. And tbh, a bit of a peace of mind! Anyway, amount is normal! :)

In that teaspoon there's enough sperm to make a whole village pregnant - trust me :haha:

That teaspoon or so has about 200 million sperm in it! As long as you're in your fertile phase and the sperm are normal in terms motility, etc, there's plenty there fertilize the egg :)

Thats totally normal, I thought the same thing the 1st time my dh had to provide a sample for an SA, like Mum said it has millions of sperm in it.

hi - i'm in the same boat, hub produces very little, less than 1ml. he went to get it checked out as we thought he might have a varicocele, like a varicose vein, which can block the tubes, but he doesn't, just doesn't produce too much. dr. told us it's nothing to worry about - it's only my hub who's worried!

2 ml or more is considered normal. mind you, that looks tiny in those enormous jars they give you, which are also the ones they use for urine samples. :D

I too was persuaded volume was low. I read those threads about ttcer asking about what to do to keep the 'soup in the bowl', well, in my case, it never leaks and I thought for sure it was a problem. OH did two SA (not because of that but because starting investigations) and both times his volume was absolutely good, over 3ml. Actually, that was the best thing in the results!!

:hi: I would think that is a normal amount, if you been trying for over a year and still nothing then I would go to the doctors and see what he thinks but your def not out of time :) good luck ttc

Hi i'm new but i thought i contribute to this post anyway =)

One tea spoon is definately normal, when i was in my early 20's my then bf (also similar age range) ejaculated about the same amount so it has nothing to do with age at all.

I wouldnt worry too much if i were you =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->