Embarrassing TMI questions about sex and pregnancy and beyond... Eek

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Okay..so..I have a very very TMI question and can't believe I'm having to ask this. . It's about colostrum and sex..

So we were informed at a parenting class that colostrum is not only great for nutrients but also as a laxative for the baby to clear the meconium.. So I've started producing it definitely.. And when my fiance and I have sex it always involves my nipples.. and lately we didn't really realize how much I was producing and I think he ingested a lot more than we know and he's had diarrhea for days and we were wondering if that's why!

I was also wondering if it's possible to run out of colostrum before baby is born..Nipples are now off limits, but just curious..

....:blush:

:rofl: that's hilarious. I never knew that, could be i guess?? And no you wont run out. You may notice you have more some days and none the next during pregnancy but once you start breast feeding the only time it will stop is when your milk comes in :)

I think your partner would definitely know if he was taking in that much! My guess is that it's really just coincidental. But no, you can't really run out of colostrum. There are mums who tandem feed, feeding one older baby and feeding a new baby, and the body knows how to create the right blend for both, colostrum for baby and regular breast milk for the older one. But you will find that you leak (or squirt or just get it absolutely everywhere) when you have sex, which some people don't mind, but you may find you need to wear a bra and breast pads if it's too much or uncomfortable for you.

with humans I'm not so sure. I know that with horses they produce a set amount of colostrum and then it disappears 24 hours after birth. I imagine they're quite similar to humans given that they're breast feeding mammals. It'd be worth asking your OB or summoning the courage to look it up on Google

I really doubt your OH is taking in enough during foreplay to give him diarrhea. :haha: So you can reassure him of that and your nipples can still be a pleasurable thing during sex if you both want. :winkwink: Its far more likely that his toilet troubles are coming from something else!

Humans don't run out of colostrum. You start producing colostrum sometime in the middle of the pregnancy and then continue to produce it until your milk comes in 3-5 days after birth. :)

Yeah, you definitely won't run out. Your body won't be triggered to start making actual milk until several days after you give birth, so there will still be plenty of colostrum left for your baby.

I really doubt your OH is taking in enough during foreplay to give him diarrhea. :haha: So you can reassure him of that and your nipples can still be a pleasurable thing during sex if you both want. :winkwink: Its far more likely that his toilet troubles are coming from something else!

Humans don't run out of colostrum. You start producing colostrum sometime in the middle of the pregnancy and then continue to produce it until your milk comes in 3-5 days after birth. :)

^^^^^what she said ;)

Hahaha thank you all so much for your honest and not at all scary opinions! So glad to know there will be plenty of colostrum for baby, and I'll be telling my fiance it's probably something else causing his issues haha. I really appreciate the non judgement! Took a lot of courage to ask lol.:blush: I'm thinking if his issue continues maybe we will take a break on it and see if it goes away and comes back if we start again, just for kicks :haha:

Interesting also about the tandem feeding, I hadn't thought about that! Pretty incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->