Embracing the baby bump!

mummof1

Reaction score
I'm done with being self conscious of my bump. It is big for only 14/15 weeks but I'm just going to own it !
People ask me when I'm due and they are always surprised when I say October , which is what was really bothering me but I've decided I don't care anymore!
Bumps come in all different sizes and shapes, we need to embrace our changing bodies because really, the reason they are changing is pretty freaking amazing !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 74
You look super cute! Rock it for sure

Thanks ladies <3
It's hard not to worry about what people think! And people can be so rude with their comments , especially the super annoying "are you sure it isn't twins" comment. That one is getting old !

I hear ya, I had polyhydramnios (high fluid levels) with my first so I was really big! People always commented how big I was and how many were in there... and it was mostly people I worked with so I heard it repeatedly from them, like get over it already people! So eventually I started making smart replies back, like "yeah it's just one, how many are you expecting" lol they started to shut up after that ;)

Hahaha ! I have thought of saying that! It just blows my mind how people think politeness goes out the window for pregnant women

I don't get it either, I would never say something like that to someone, I don't know how they think it's ok

People love to tell you "Oh my god your bump is huge!" "oh my god your bump is tiny!" Sometimes the same people will say both within a few weeks :wacko: I think your bump looks perfect for how far you are!!

I too get asked "are you sure it's not twins" my sister yesterday said I'm bigger than her friend who is due in two week. Also she keeps telling me her friend has a cute bump. So mines massive and horrible is it, really annoys me

Embrace the bump! I certainly am! At 14 weeks I was getting bigger every second but it's evened out now - as everyone told me it would!

With my son I didn't flaunt the bump but with this one I am - why not?!?! You look fab x

What a lovely neat bump!

After experiencing someone at work using my bump to just be openly horrible to me during my last pregnancy, (called me fatty as a "joke" but you could tell that there was a poisonous tone to it) I always make a point of being positive about bumps - not that there's ever any need to be anything but positive, it's a fabulous thing!

It's beautiful and u should most definitely be embracing it!! It's the one thing that we miss when baby is here so enjoy every second!! Xx

People need to learn to keep their mouths shut lol
I don't mind the "awe look at your belly " comments but the opinionated comments about size etc are just so rude eh!
After experiencing the judgemental comments myself , I too always comment on how beautiful a woman looks pregnant!

If I see a lovely neat little bump, then I will say so - thinking no-one would feel insulted by it. If I see a much bigger bump, I will say "that's impressive!" or something along those lines and again, hope that it's not taken in offense.

Love it!

There's a lady at my work who's about a month ahead of me and my bump is bigger :haha:

I'm fully expecting the twins comments to come soon

I don't tell people when I'm due, I just say something very unclear like "sometime in the fall" like yeah you've 3 months in the fall so go and try guessing when! &#128539;

You look amazing!

Gawjus bumpy there :flower:

People say i look small for 27 wks but how big/small do they think the baby is in there compared to a tiny newborn?? Some people baffle me! All depends on how we carry & body shape :) Rock that bump!!

Gawjus bumpy there :flower:

People say i look small for 27 wks but how big/small do they think the baby is in there compared to a tiny newborn?? Some people baffle me! All depends on how we carry & body shape :) Rock that bump!!

Exactly Claire! And it is not just baby in there, there's a placenta, amniotic fluid, umbilical cord and fat layer so go figure! With DS I got the "you're too big!" Then "you're too small!" Comments on the same day :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->