Emergency scan booked for tommorow :-(

jadesarah

Reaction score
So went to my midwife appointment today im 27 + 3
And im only meausing 25 weeks an below the line on the graph, so midwife has booked me in for an emergency scan tommorow to check everything is ok.
She checked heartbeat an said that was fine an i can feel her kicking an wiggling away like she normally does... Im just really worried now, has anyone else had this happen to them? Or know what it could be?
Just worried she's not growing as she should :-(

Sorry I don't have any advice, didn't want to read and run. Sending you :hugs: and wishing you all the best Xxx

Honestly don't worry, fundal height is not a very reliable indicator when it comes to actual size of baby, can depend on many variables such as position of baby, fluid levels etc. Also in a lot of trusts the policy is to send fr a growth scan if measuring above of below the gestation by 2cm on two occasions so sounds like your mw is being over cautious which is good for you :) as you will probably be reassured after tomorrow :). Try and relax and just await your scan. Good luck xx

Good luck! I know fundal height isn't extremely accurate! Maybe your baby is just a wee one! Keep us updated!:) Hugs!

hey hun... goodluck...

im going for a scan in 2 weeks coz im over measuring by 3 weeks... mw said not to worry too much coz fundal height is so inacurate a lot of the time and its kind of an in case thing so they check just in case.

im sure your little one is ok :)

try not to worry... i was always measuring behind with my first... he started at 3 behind then 5cm behind... had to have regular scans but all was. 38 weeks he had tailored off the chart. Not gained much weight in 2 weeks and by this point i was 6cm behind so next day they induced me.... he was born 4.10lb at 38 weeks. Was perfctly healhty just small and is still small now. U may just have a small baby :) im 5'3 and pre preg my weight was about 8.10lb... they said to me oh youl have a small baby cause your only small....

R u small?

xx

I've been measuring 2cm behind the whole time, where I live 3 cm is an indicator not 2. I'm sure you'll be fine x

Fundal height is totally unreliable- I'm sure you've seen this already but they failed to notice the baby was FIFTEEN POUNDS through fundal height and external measurements- the news says the doctor predicted 8 lbs!

https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57576855/british-baby-boy-weighs-more-than-15-pounds-at-birth/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...born-naturally-Britain.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Better description

Fundal height measurements aren't very accurate so don't worry yourself hun :) they can be out by a few cm as there is obviously human error involved. I bet they just want to get you checked out to make sure all is cooking in the oven ok :) good luck and try not to stress xx

Im around 5'7 an my partner is 6'1, im about 10 stone at my heavist.
I went today, an they couldnt scan me as was so busy so said i hace to go back on Friday so i was really upset an annoyed!!

Just hoping everything is ok, shes always kicking me and wiggling around, just hope that the midwife is making more fuss than is needed

Thanks all x x

I'm sure all is fine, they allow a 2cm+/- difference from your dates either way and even if its significantly more or less than that all is usually fine :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->