Emetophobia while Pregnant?

kategirl

PAL w/ #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ever since at least 3rd grade (kind of before as well, but I know it ramped up in 3rd grade) I've had a phobia of vomiting. Obviously, this worries me extra in pregnancy.

Last time around, I got through without ever actually vomiting, though I did get nauseous sometmes and I did start taking a B6 and Unisom combo (at my OB's suggestion) once I started feeling off. I also used some other things like Sea Bands and ginger gum. I also had them give me Zofran twice during labor when I felt a bit nauseous (they were really nice about it when I said it was a concern for me; no hesitation to have the order put in before they even started the Pitocin).

I've been starting to feel a bit nauseous with this pregnancy now. I started taking B6 and Unisom again last night, so I'm hoping that will help. I'm also trying to get back in the habit of eating lots of snacks since I think low blood sugar makes me feel worse. I keep just hoping that this is like last time and that the worst it will get it nausea, but I'm scared.

Anyone else battling through this issue with me?

[Good news is that my toddler had her first real stomach issues the last couple weeks (three different "episodes" of vomiting on three different days) and I held it together. And the second two were once I was starting to feel a bit off from pregnancy already. Yay!]

I'm a fellow emet.

I have no symptoms with this pregnancy and I think I'm going to m/c again, but I didn't have morning sickness or vomit with either of my 2 living children. I did get sick after my first c-section, but they were nice enough to help me out with some Zofran in my IV. Now, I request a 'sko patch' (scopalomine) and they give that to me so I don't get sick. Maybe you could request it during labor if you tend to get sick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->