emily is kicked out of big brother

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
for calling charley a nigger.

she was called to the diary room at 3.30 am and hasnt been seen since.

big brother informed the housemates this morning of her eviction.

there will be no eviction tomorrow night and voting lines have been closed.

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a59890/in-full-transcript-of-emilys-racial-slur.html

Madness - They need to shut this stupid programe down now me thinks!

An she was booted:
https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a59894/emily-kicked-out-for-racial-slur.html

Serves her right, silly cow, you can't go round saying stuff like that
It's just not on!!!
https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a59890/in-full-transcript-of-emilys-racial-slur.htm

Diddn't realise Terrie did a post lol Merged them both together

:d

lmao sorry wobbs never saw your post before!!

lol i seen wobbs post, but seen terries 1st

i just browse forum by new post button lol, i always see things i shudnae :rofl:

LOL nah terrie you did a post before me - Its me whos blind!

I hate the program and think it should be taken off air!

Isn't this like twice now??
xxx

https://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/images/Channel4/bigbrother8/bigbrothereye_445x250--bb8-C.jpg
Channel 4 Statement

Day 9, 13:01
Emily is removed from Big Brother after using a racially offensive word.

Contestant Emily Parr was removed from the Big Brother House in the early hours of this morning after using a racially offensive word to a fellow housemate.

Emily was with Charley and Nicky in the garden of the Big Brother House at approximately 8.30pm last night when she was heard to say "Are you pushing it out you nigger?" to Charley.

Emily immediately made clear that she had not intended to offend and that the comment had been meant as a joke. In discussing what she had said, Charley and Nicky agreed that they were not personally offended, although both did express shock at the language she had used. In the ensuing discussion, Emily acknowledged that she should have been more careful with her words.

The comment was not screened as part of the 'as live' streaming on E4 and was immediately reported up to senior production staff at Brighter Pictures, the Endemol UK subsidiary that produces the show. In consultation with senior executives at Channel 4 the decision was taken to remove Emily from the House on the grounds that she had broken the rules governing contestant behaviour.

The House Rules given to all contestants clearly state:

Big Brother will intervene and take appropriate action if housemates behave in a way that Big Brother considers is unacceptable. Unacceptable behaviour includes: behaving in a way that could cause serious offence to either their fellow housemates or members of the viewing public including serious offence based on the grounds of race. Housemates who act in a way that is seriously unacceptable will be evicted.

Emily was called to the Diary Room at approximately 03.30am to be informed of the decision and was removed from the House immediately without further contact with other contestants. The remaining housemates were informed of Big Brother's decision at approximately 9.30am.

Emily was one of two housemates nominated for eviction this week and as a result the latest eviction vote has been suspended.

Angela Jain, who heads the Big Brother commissioning team at Channel 4, said: "I think people watching the show tonight will agree that Emily spoke carelessly rather than maliciously - certainly Charley and Nicky, the two housemates most directly involved in the conversation with her,seem to accept that she did. She understands why her involvement in Big Brother has had to come an end and she very much regrets what she said."

"In the wake of Celebrity Big Brother we must consider the potential offence to viewers regardless of Emily's intentions and her housemates' response. The word nigger is clearly racially offensive and there was no justification for its use. We have removed Emily from the house to once again make it clear to all housemates and the viewers at home that such behaviour won't be tolerated."

Right I might sound bad, and no way do I agree with it, BUT

I just dont get how rappers can call eachother niggers but at times its offensive?

Like that song out last year-remember the one that Ice Cube sang-

Ice cube baby, 99 baby, don't stop nigger hit it!:wacko:

i think they have made a really big deal out of it because if they didnt it would have caused an up roar about the celeb BB racist comment last time

i hate this years BB but have always been a fan but OMG this year is shite and i hate it soooooooo much and refuse to watch it now

Ive just watched it:dohh:

That charley wasnt half playing up to the camera! She does my nut in!

Emily was wrong to say that tho but she is being used as a scape goat!

The use of the term "nigga" in rap music etc is a way of black people reclaiming the word back and redefining it away from its original meaning. Some believe that when used by black people it loses all power but this word used by white people takes on a more sinister meaning.

However it is a word that causes offence to many people, and is a link back to slavery and black oppression. I don't think she was being purposefully offensive (in her little head) but she showed that she was very ignorant and was quite frankly bloody dumb to use such a derogatory term. She did have to go, but it also shows Channel 4 as arses as it just shows what a farce their handling of the CBB last year was.

How is it the people that said it afterwards didnt get kicked out too? Just because they weren't saying it to other ppl? Someone called themself it too -_-

Its rediculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"