Emotions about turning 36 tomorrow

Kiin

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I turn 36 tomorrow. I usually love my B-day and have never had a problem getting older. Turning 30 was a blast and I had no issue leaving my 20's behind. I laughed at my friends that were so upset about turning 30.....but now I think I know how they felt.

I know that it is just a number and that REALLY my eggs are not much worse off then they were 30 days ago.....but something inside of me feels like I have missed out on having kids because.....gasp.....I am over 35 now.

I actually cried about getting old today and I never cry!!! Logically I know that I can still conceive and it isn't over, but I can't seem to get my emotions to fall in line today. Sorry for the rant....thanks for being here to rant at :winkwink:

Hey all,

So I turn 36 tomorrow. I usually love my B-day and have never had a problem getting older. Turning 30 was a blast and I had no issue leaving my 20's behind. I laughed at my friends that were so upset about turning 30.....but now I think I know how they felt.

I know that it is just a number and that REALLY my eggs are not much worse off then they were 30 days ago.....but something inside of me feels like I have missed out on having kids because.....gasp.....I am over 35 now.

I actually cried about getting old today and I never cry!!! Logically I know that I can still conceive and it isn't over, but I can't seem to get my emotions to fall in line today. Sorry for the rant....thanks for being here to rant at :winkwink:

As my DH says when I rant about being 35, you aren't a year older just a day older and very little will have changed. He also reminds me that reduced fertility is only a statistic and not necessarily happening to me.

Happy birthday and don't let the number get to you :flower:

Hi Kiin and Storm1jet2 :hi:

I just wanted to agree with your comment about the statistics Storm, my DH says the same to me that they are only just that - statistics - and only a proportion of women have been taken into account not the majority. I must admit it took me a long time to get round to his way of thinking but from the support, reading the boards here and other well known women that have babies in later life we know that it can be done, we can and will get our healthy BFP's!!!!xXx:flower:

(Ps - I'm a complete late starter 41 and TTC#1 so you two have got at least 5 years on me!!!)

Hey all,

Hi Kinn,
I know how you feel,It all of a sudden seems to catch up with you. One minute you are fine and the next minute you think OMG I am too old now to have babies. It is hard to think logically when sometimes it seems far easier to believe the negative instead. Why do our brains do this to us???
I'm turned 37 in Jan '11 and all of a sudden I was starting to panic about being too old, but 36 seemed ok?
I guess we just have to relax a bit and get on with doing the necessary:blush:
We will get here in the end.
:dust::dust:

Thanks Storm, Jax and Claire. I smiled this morning reading your posts and your right it is just a number. According to FF I ovulated yesterday and entering the 2ww so thanks for the positive energy!!!!

Thanks Storm, Jax and Claire. I smiled this morning reading your posts and your right it is just a number. According to FF I ovulated yesterday and entering the 2ww so thanks for the positive energy!!!!

Hope you have a lovely birthday and that this is your last 2 WW!

Hi Kiin and Storm1jet2 :hi:

I just wanted to agree with your comment about the statistics Storm, my DH says the same to me that they are only just that - statistics - and only a proportion of women have been taken into account not the majority. I must admit it took me a long time to get round to his way of thinking but from the support, reading the boards here and other well known women that have babies in later life we know that it can be done, we can and will get our healthy BFP's!!!!xXx:flower:

(Ps - I'm a complete late starter 41 and TTC#1 so you two have got at least 5 years on me!!!)

Hello ladies - nice to 'meet' you. Here's hoping we all get our BFPs soon enough :flower:

I'm 36 too, and if it makes you feel any better about it my FS said there's really not any difference in egg quality :) I was also told that 35-40 is a common age to start families now. Best of luck to you and Happy Birthday!!!

Hiya, it's lovely to meet you all too:flower:and to know that we're kinda all in this 'together' sharing the ups :wohoo:and the downs:cry:

Roll on those BFP's girls, lets go get 'em!!!xXx
:dust:

Hiya, it's lovely to meet you all too:flower:and to know that we're kinda all in this 'together' sharing the ups :wohoo:and the downs:cry:

Roll on those BFP's girls, lets go get 'em!!!xXx

Here's to more ups than downs and success for us all in the near future :thumbup:

Happy Birthday... someone had to say it! I turn 38 tomorrow too... :)

Hey all,

Happy birthday Kiin,
I hope inspite of feeling you feeling sad about turning 36 you manage to have a nice day.
Lots and lots of :dust::dust:

Happy Birthday... someone had to say it! I turn 38 tomorrow too... :)

Hi Kym b, I laughed at your profile - "everything is better with bacon"
I am just in the middle of grilling some bacon and it just smells the best. lol :thumbup:

hi girls-
So good to hear about other women my age pretty much at the same point in their lives,too! I just turned 37 in Jan & have hated every bday since i turned 35:growlmad:. However, it does make me feel better hearing all of your hopeful stories. Been ttc for 2yrs(1 on our own & 2nd thru fertility clinic). 2 iui's with clomid & ovidrel with no luck & currently on day 3 of my
2ww after 3rd iui w letrozole(sp?) gonal f & ovidrel. The wait sux..I thought patience came w age:haha:. Anyway,Ii really look forward to getting to know you all better!

In the end my day was pretty good. By the end of it I had pretty much realized you guys were right and I was a day older....not a year :)

So now we will move over to kym b.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY...with bacon on top :haha:

I think were the 2WW is concerned patience is worse with age, but ask me in a few days if it is true lol.

Happy birthday all!

All this talk of bacon is making me hungry and I'm meant to be cutting down!

Hope you all have great birthdays , mines not till November but im already fretting about it probably as i cant start ttc till end of july early aug so i feel every month that passes is a month closer to that horrible " 35 " that all the medical books talk about !!! Any way heres to you all getting very quick ,happy,healthy bfp's and anyway isnt 40 the new 30 anyway ???? speak soon Lynsey .,,,,, oh and i LOOOOOrve bacon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy birthday Kiin! I know numbers can seem psychologically scary! I'm 37 TTC #1 and it seemed when I was 36 and trying its like okay I'm still young enough and now suddenly I read all this stuff about major declines at 37, it starts to freak me out.

Hope you get the best birthday present ever soon enough!

Birthday wishes for you both :hugs:

Fingers x for us all.

Im already 36 and will be 37 in July - aggghhhhh
Switch that clock off lol

Happy birthday Kiin! I know numbers can seem psychologically scary! I'm 37 TTC #1 and it seemed when I was 36 and trying its like okay I'm still young enough and now suddenly I read all this stuff about major declines at 37, it starts to freak me out.

Hope you get the best birthday present ever soon enough!

So so true! that is exactly how I feel.
Here's to our BFP's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back