Encouraging conception by eliminating antihistamines/using Mucinex

NewWaveBaby

Reaction score
I am officially out after desperately wishing for a BFP for the last two weeks. :( Of course, this was only our first month TTC so I have to remain optimistic.

I was recently reading about antihistamines having a drying effect on all parts of your body, including your CM. I had never thought of this before and now I am so glad I know because I take one zyrtec every day as well as benadryl at night. Now I am going to completely stop taking them! Did anyone else experience success after going off of these drugs? It will be well worth it to me to suffer through allergies if it means getting a BFP!

Second, to loosen up my CM and make it the highest quality possible, I'm going to take Mucinex in the days leading up to and during ovulation. Hopefully that will help! Has anyone else gotten a BFP after doing this? I was reading EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) can help but I felt a little nervous about that one since I read about some other side effects. I've always been able to take Mucinex when I've been sick and it helped a lot with breaking up chest congestion, etc. so I can definitely see how it would help with CM!

Finally, since I do have allergies, does anyone know if I could take Nasonex or Flonase? I'm pretty sure those drugs act just on the nose to keep nose allergies at bay. I didn't want to risk drying out my entire body though like I would with Zyrtec and Benadryl.

Thanks to anyone who can help me! :flower:

I take vitamin E and it seems to be helping. I switch with flaxseed oil during the first half of my cycle just to get different nutrients and they both seem to work well. I also took mucinex during my supposed O date this cycle bc I took clomid and I was extra dry. GL!!

Hey, my best friend used mucinex for two cycles and those were the only two cycles she got a bfp. Out of 12 cycles. (One bfp was a miscarriage). So she swears it was the mucinex. Gl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->