End of a chapter..

Dona

Reaction score
I am going back to full time work on 25th Jan - two weeks today! Archie starts full time nursery a week today. However, this week he has three taster session and the first was today - 30 mins which I was there with him. He goes again tomorrow for 1hr and again on Thursday for 1hr 30 mins over lunchtime. I am not there for these two sessions. He loved today and just smiled and laughed at all the other babies. :cloud9::cloud9:

I'm sad but happy, excited but nervous and overall worried about bugs (always a premmie Mummy's worry)! It felt like only yesterday when I posted my birth story. The Mummies on here have helped me with basically everything.

I'm sure there is another Mummy going back on 25th Jan - I'm sure I've read this somewhere on here. If its you - do you fancy being my 'back to work' buddy. Word of warning though, there will be moans involved LOL!

Thanks girls for 'everything'! :hugs::hugs:

D xxx

p.s Can't believe how sad I feel about moving on....weird feeling.

:hugs: honey you are so strong!

I just found out a nursery wont probably take Alex on due to the problems she encountered after being born, so I dont think I'll be seeing work again for a while :(

Archie will be fine - look at him, hes just cracking! David always asks what hes up to and got excited when he heard he was crawling, and started counting the months and hopes Alex will do the same :dohh:

:hugs: honey you are so strong!

I just found out a nursery wont probably take Alex on due to the problems she encountered after being born, so I dont think I'll be seeing work again for a while :(

Archie will be fine - look at him, hes just cracking! David always asks what hes up to and got excited when he heard he was crawling, and started counting the months and hopes Alex will do the same :dohh:

Nursery won't take Alex?? I would try another one! There are a few prem babies at Archies one. They are toddlers now. Aww Davids a wee gem eh! Alex for sure will be like Archie, just keep feeding her grub so she gets bug and strong xxxx

Its because of her brain bleed i think hun xxx

Best of luck at work Dona :hugs: Awwww that is fab that Archie loved nursery so much today, that must reassure you a lot

I know what you mean Sandi, I have been told I'm unlikely to find a nursery that will take Findlay due to his G tube and his other issues (he has a current diagnosis of developmental delay as they can't diagnose anything more specific if they need to until he is a lot older) as I guess it would be hard for nursery staff to look after him whilst also looking after all the other babies as he has varying muscle tone so can be very stiff and then suddenly go all floppy etc. Thereagain with all his various hospital appts, physio and occupational therapist coming to do his home visits etc I doubt I'd find the time to retrain anytime soon :(

Hi Dona I am glad Archie enjoyed his taster session, I bet he will love Nursery and make so many friends.
I can completely sympathise with you regarding returning to work, I am due to go back on 01st Feb, full time!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhh! I am dreading it.
I am doing my first KIT day on Friday, I am dreading leaving Emily all day as we have not been apart for 7 months, I can't think about it as it makes me want to cry, however she will be in her Daddy's capable hands.
I really don't know how I will care about Computer Software when I will be thinking of my little one all day, but I guess I will get into the swing of things once I am there.

I really hope it goes well for you and I know you will be cherishing every moment with Archie until the 25th...god it's rubbish isn't it, we premmie mum should get more leave....
Would love to be your 'return to work' buddy and I don't mind moaning...will happily join you!!!!

x

P.S. I think it sucks that Nurseries won't take little ones who have had brain bleeds, nearly all premmies have brain bleeds of some description it does not mean they have a disability...people are so narrow minded sometimes...x

Hi Dona I am glad Archie enjoyed his taster session, I bet he will love Nursery and make so many friends.
I can completely sympathise with you regarding returning to work, I am due to go back on 01st Feb, full time!!!!!!! Aaaahhhhhh! I am dreading it.
I am doing my first KIT day on Friday, I am dreading leaving Emily all day as we have not been apart for 7 months, I can't think about it as it makes me want to cry, however she will be in her Daddy's capable hands.
I really don't know how I will care about Computer Software when I will be thinking of my little one all day, but I guess I will get into the swing of things once I am there.

I really hope it goes well for you and I know you will be cherishing every moment with Archie until the 25th...god it's rubbish isn't it, we premmie mum should get more leave....
Would love to be your 'return to work' buddy and I don't mind moaning...will happily join you!!!!

x

P.S. I think it sucks that Nurseries won't take little ones who have had brain bleeds, nearly all premmies have brain bleeds of some description it does not mean they have a disability...people are so narrow minded sometimes...x

Its because of her brain bleed i think hun xxx

Thats awful Hun. However, you know Archie's wee pal Tapha, he had a brain bleed and he's in an Edinburgh nursery. Would you like me to speak to his Mummy to see if it ever was a problem?

I agree with the other Mummy - prem babies should not be discriminated against because of differences between them and a 'normal' baby. I think I might raise this with BLISS and see what info they have on this. I will let you all know.

D xx

hey hunnie,

Glad Archie enjoyed nursery and im sure he will come on a treat I know Matthew has :happydance: he is FINALLY going back after xmas he has only been to the xmas party at nursery since mid Dec as he has been sick with one thing or another :dohh: so feels like his first day all over again haha

I went back to work on a staggered return on the 4th Jan so far so good but being going slowly, I returned 28 hours but on seeing my wages think I will go back up to 32hrs if I can manage chilcare.

You know im always here for a blether or a rant :hugs: xx

Dona (and others!) there is a charity in Edinburgh that helps mothers claim extra benefits due to the fact that we cant get our babies into nursery if thy have needs etc. I don't know how to go claiming these but have asked formore info. I have been told that you an claim up to £250!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->