End of term and Christmas dates

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Hello Christmas crazies!
Do anyone elses children break up ridiculously late this year? My boys' last day is Friday 22nd December which leaves only Saturday to get last minute odds and sods. Sunday as Xmas Eve will be mental everywhere. Me and husband both work so any food shopping we have to do will have to be in an evening after school.
Just seems so short on time this year!

Mine are the 22nd as well, last year was the 16th :shock:

Daughter's begins on the 20th. I actually wish she didn't get out until that Friday, as I get so much more done when she's in school. But, yeah, if you do family stuff leading up to Christmas, the 22nd is really late. Seems like when I was in school, we were out a whole week before Christmas.

Yep our kids are the same finish up half 1 on the 22nd.

Pretty rubbish xxx :xmas8:

Yep same here, 22nd. To be honest I am going to pull a sickie for him at some point during that last week and we'll do something fun and Christmassy. The last day is ok because they'll have a party and stuff and I don't want him to miss it but some things are more important than lessons especially in that last week. We just have to remember it'll be nice to have them with us later in January than if they'd broken up sooner.

Tuesday 19th apparently... I hate that. Making me wash and iron for two days ughhh. Might just let them bunk haha

Oh I'm so jealous your all off earlier, I might take soph out couple days before to take her to town hall pantomines and stuff. Xxx

We finish 19th that’s both as a teacher and my son’s school which are different counties. If we finished on the Friday and I didn’t work I’d be tempted to take them out for a day, that’s crazy late

Ava breaks up on 19th then goes back on 3rd. The school is taking them to see Jack and the Beanstalk at the pantomime too on 19th.

30th Oct - 19th Dec seems like a very long term for some reason.

I think it’s so lame that they go back before Halloween! I love Halloween �� it’s such a rush to get them in from school and then go back out etc

Ours finish on the Wednesday. I kind of like that there aren't many days as the wait isn't as long. I may book a panto for the Thursday or Friday :)

I'm with the taking them out before the 22nd. They are always a little poorly before Christmas ;)

I think it’s so lame that they go back before Halloween! I love Halloween �� it’s such a rush to get them in from school and then go back out etc

I agree with you . We're having a little get together this year so will be mad busy !

DD breaks up in 21st which I think is late. Especially if you want to do Christmas activities ! I am aiming to get all the present buying done prior to her breaking up eek wish me luck ! .

Mine finish on the 22nd too. I don't mind so much as I can get the last bits wrapped etc but it would be nice to have a couple of Christmassy days together as I'm working on Christmas eve too.

I'm with the taking them out before the 22nd. They are always a little poorly before Christmas ;)

ooooooo naughty! :xmas1:

I cant believe it was the 16th last year! I wish it was the 20th this year, just to have a few days where I can take the boys out for festive fun. I think I might ask for 15th and 18th off work so I can have an extended weekend to sort things out. I can deffo get more done when the boys are not in the house too.
Its just mad!!! :xmas8:

My eldest finishes on Wednesday 20th, my nursery finishes on Friday 22nd. I could actually do with him breaking up a bit later as my childminder takes the whole of the school holidays off at Christmas so I’m a little stuck for childcare as my mum and dad are both working extra shifts in the run up to Christmas and none of the holiday clubs are running as it’s only a couple of days

ooooooo naughty! :xmas1:

I cant believe it was the 16th last year! I wish it was the 20th this year, just to have a few days where I can take the boys out for festive fun. I think I might ask for 15th and 18th off work so I can have an extended weekend to sort things out. I can deffo get more done when the boys are not in the house too.
Its just mad!!! :xmas8:

I share equal custody with the girls Dad so my time is even more limited. I was shocked at the date!!

Mine break up on the 15th and due to a teacher training day don't return till the 3rd.

It's a long time to be off before an event, they are going to be fit to burst by Christmas Eve!

Mine finish on the 21st. It doesnt leave very long, but i suppose it gives me a chance to get everything sorted while they are at school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->