End of term and Christmas dates

I'm a teacher. We finished on the 23rd last year and the 22nd this year. We go back January 9th.

The October to December term is the worst. Not only is it long (November is the only month without a break of some kind) but it's cold, it's dark, and everyone is always sick.

I'm a teacher. We finished on the 23rd last year and the 22nd this year. We go back January 9th.

The October to December term is the worst. Not only is it long (November is the only month without a break of some kind) but it's cold, it's dark, and everyone is always sick.

I don't envy you teachers at all, hope November goes quickly for you!

My DH will be starting a new job on Monday, which means he will not be able to pick the kids up from school (he could only do this twice a week anyway). But I used the time to Xmas shop, so will be feeling even more behind!!! ARGH!

I'm in the US so ours gets broken up by a week off for Thanksgiving, which makes time seem to fly. So from Halloween there are only 17 days, then off for 9 days(includes weekends), then just 23 days until Christmas break. Without that break, I can imagine it would be long.

Yeah, last year ds had a mysterious one-day cold on the penultimate day of term (we went round allllll Londons Christmas markets). He was miraculously better for his last day Christmas party at school ;)
Gonna do the same thing this year. The 22nd is crazy late. It's one bloody day then it's Christmas Eve, eff that

My son finishes pre-school 19th December and then goes back 4th January :shrug:

22nd is very late to break up :wacko:

Finish 22nd December and back to school 8th January. Fine by me, means less sleeps until Christmas!

Mine break up on the 15th which i think is early :rofl: but agree 22nd is a bit late! Mine go back on 4th xx

Connor breaks up on the 22nd. I don't mind it! He'd only be in kids club anyway. It means it's only the weekend until Christmas :happydance:

What I'm not happy about is the ridiculously late return to school. It's so hard to entertain them once Christmas and new year is over!

DD finishes on Fri 22nd. Would have been nice to have a couple of extra days before to fit some christmassy activities in, but also quite exciting that it'll only be a couple of sleeps till Christmas Eve 😁

Luckily where we are in Scotland we have a random inset day in November so it breaks the month up.

My daughter finishes Friday 15th December and goes back Thursday 4th Jan! They have a lot of time off this Christmas break. I am happy about that as I'm on maternity leave still so can take her out and about to do Christmas activities.

I'm in NZ and we have term dates - so 2 weeks off every 12 weeks (give or take) and 8 weeks at Christmas. I HOPE my 2 go though to Dec 22nd. It's bad enough that school doesn't go back until the first Monday in Feb.

Ours was super late last year. Im not sure what date it is this year i feel like its earlier though.

My kids break up on the 19th and my school this year have changed their holidays so it will be the 22nd for me ���� I look forward to having a few days off before Xmas to do activities with the kids and take them to see Santa. Will just have to be extra organised this year and plan a xmas day out on the 23rd

My older two finish on the 20th, they’re at different high schools to each other and one of them has two weeks off for this October half term. The primary school aged one breaks up on the 15th and the 2 years old nursery closes from 22nd until the 2’d.

I teach and we finish on the 19th. We go back on the 3rd and kids on the 4th.

My 3 boys in high school break up Tuesday 19th then my little boy in primary school breaks up Wednesday the 20th then they all go back the 3rd

my school boys finish on the 22nd back on the 8th I think. My nursery fella finishes the 21st and back the 9th I think. I feel we’ll have plenty of time to celebrate nonetheless

Ours tend to finish on the 22nd. It's annoying as DD's birthday is the 21st!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->