End of the BF line

babicyntaf

Reaction score
Well, we made it to 22 months and we seem to have reached a natural stop point now. I am really sad to see our BF journey end here!

I exclusively BF till I went back to work and then it was formula and BF. I tried to feed her myself as much as I could and only used bottles when I wasn't there ( I found expressing really difficult!) LO would wake up two or three times a night to be fed which was a special time for us both although it meant I was a zombie in work!!

Eventually I tried to cut out feeding to sleep and would only "top" up when the bottle was finished. Even then I BF at least once during the night.

LO started to sleep through about five weeks ago and then I had an operation which has meant antibiotics since. This seems to be the end of the journey. LO doesn't seem to be missing the boob and seems happy with just the one bottle a night. She occasionally tries to pull down my top or nuzzle in but on the whole she has accepted the end of the production line! I think I miss it more than she does!!

It does seem like the natural time to stop now, for you. Well done on 22 months! :thumbup:

Awww wow well done for going so long! It's nice that it's come to a natural stop and your little girl hasn't had to go through a hard time weaning :flower: It must be hard for you though! My little one is only 6 months and I'm already dreading weaning her! I love BF so much and am definitely going to miss it when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->