Endo Sisters!

MoonKitty

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

My husband and I are waiting to try until we move, save more money, blah, blah, blah. I'm ready to start trying now though. I have endometriosis and know it could take awhile to concieve. My husbands current job would pay all medical expenses if I get pregnant, however, he doesn't want to stay there forever. As we'd have such an amazing opportunity for financial help with his job, we've thought about sticking around and taking advantage of the benefits. Neither one of us want to live where we are for too long (there's not much here for us), but if we wait to ttc, then we might be here for a lot longer than either of us want. I'm thinking of asking my husband if we should consider starting ttc sooner rather than later since it might take awhile.

My fellow Endo Sisters, how long did it take for you to concieve?

P.S. We are not sure what stage I have :nope:

Hi there!

I have endo and I conceived my first in 5 months, although we didn't really make much effort for the first 3. We'll be trying for number 2 soon (hopefully) so I'm hoping for similar or quicker this time.

Annio, that is so amazing that it only took 5 months! It gives me hope. Sometimes I think I'm just making excuses to start trying sooner, but another part of me is genuinely scared. If my hubby really isn't up for ttc sooner, then I'll still have the little bit of hope you have given me. I hope it won't take as long for you next! Thank you for responding :hugs:

The thing is you don't know how long it will take until you start trying so I don't think it's making excuses. You might be lucky and get pregnant quickly but it might take time. I think so long as you'd be fine if it happened straight away then go for it.

I agree. And that's what my husband and I have discussed before (he keeps a positive outlook on life most of the time) and he's not comfortable with us possibly getting pregnant right away. My step-mother was a labor and delivery nurse, has her masters in the same field, and is a midwife, also warned it could happen right away. I just have doubts and fears about it taking years or possibly needing surgery or *sighs* being infertile.

Hi there I have endo too and been through several operations. I am optimistic it won't take too long to conceive but guess I won't know until we try. If you don't mind falling straight away then I say go for it. I do get worried if the endo will cause problems ttc but hope not. Good luck in your decision.

Thank you for responding MissN. Hopefully your operations will aid in concieving quicker! Looks like you only have a few more months to wait! That's so exciting :happydance: I hope it doesn't take long for you as well :) Best of luck!

Thanks moon. Have you had any operations? Is your pain bad? I get pain often and am on bcp to help stop periods but look I forward to coming off it to get periods back and to start ovulating.

I haven't had any operations yet. My OBGYN and I decided to wait a little longer for my laparoscopy so that it's closer to the time my husband and I are going to ttc. My pain during AF is excruciating and limits my activity during that time. I normally have to stay home for 2 days during that time. During the rest of my cycle the pain is tolerable. BC does help me as well but I'm extremely sensitive to it and, thus, choose not to be on it. I've found that a vegan diet helps with the pain tremendously (it also makes my cycles around 3 days instead of 5-6).

Hey ladies
We ttc from dec 2010 on and off with 2 operations and in the end needed IVF in April 2013 which worked yay!!
We've moved house now so towards the end of the year will get referred to a gynae consultant to see whether he thinks being off contraception to ttc naturally is an option for us or whether to go straight for IVF again

I ,too, fear that the endo will cause issues with TTC. I have enough hurdles to maneuver (sexuality, donor, etc) for conceiving, and the endo just adds a lot of fear. people keep telling me to relax, that i don't know if my endo will even affect my fertility, that stressing is counter productive. While I objectively understand all this, it does not ease the fear. I have had 3 surgeries so far, and they have decided that further surgeries will not be an opion,as it is growing back too quickly. I'm hoping they will potentially reconsider closer to the time if needed, but my hopes are not high.

I hope for all of us ttc or wtt that the process is short (and as pain free as i can be)

We started trying last June. I was soon diagnosed with endo. Did a surgery in November. Got preggo the second month trying after surgery. I was told there is a "golden period" right after surgery for conception, usually last for about six months. It's how a lot of endo patients get pregnant from what I hear. When it comes to TTC, it is always better to start sooner than later, esp if you think you might have difficulty. Best of luck to you!!

Actually this happened to my sister. She has endo as well and fell pregnant a month after her surgery. She's been trying for her second for 15 months now and is hoping to have another surgery to see if it will help her to conceive again.

I hope endo doesnt affect my fertility. My OH wont let me come off bcp early so its last pill in November. I will have surgery again if I have to. My gynae said you have usually 2 years after surgery

I had two surgeries for mine neither helped. Had zoladex for 6 months and then it took me 7 months to conceive. Will TTC again in July so hoping for a quicker conception this time. TTC with endo is scary because it could mean facing the reality of not being able to conceive, before TTC u can live in denial lol. But even after having a baby the worry doesn't improve, endo can cause problems at any time so I have to keep reminding myself that just because I conceived once it doesn't mean I will be successful again which is just as scary a thought as when I was TTC last timr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->