Endometrial biopsy & ultrasound.

brightlywound

Expecting #4!
Reaction score
That's what I got to do today! Sooo much fuuuun. :roll: :lol:

But my ultrasound looked MOSTLY okay. Around one of my ovaries, there were several black dots, which my doctor told me are partially developed follicles. So my eggs are developing, but not releasing. AKA, I'm not ovulating. But the lining of my uterus looked great on the ultrasound & she also did a biopsy of the uterine lining just to be safe. If the biopsy results are normal, she's going to prescribe me clomid. I'm optimistic & hopeful! I am so hoping an end could be in sight.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with eggs developing but not releasing? (There was NO mention of PCOS or endometriosis, so she thinks it could be a hormonal issue)

Anyone have success with clomid?

Hey hun! :) I had almost the same thing done, my OBGYN told my that my uterus looked 'great'. I didn't have any dark spots, but I did have cyst on my right ovary, which he figured he'd take out, and then do an HSG all at once to see what my problem was.

Turns out I have endosalpingiosis. Weird, but it is benign. FX that clomid is your answer! :)

Ive read lots of success stories with clomid, I saw one study that said 80% of people who do not ovulate on their own will ovulate on clomid... Unfortunately it didnt do the trick for me, I was on clomid for 8 cycles with no O and Horrible side effects. Im starting this cycle with Femara hoping it does the trick. Good luck to you. :dust:

Ive read lots of success stories with clomid, I saw one study that said 80% of people who do not ovulate on their own will ovulate on clomid... Unfortunately it didnt do the trick for me, I was on clomid for 8 cycles with no O and Horrible side effects. Im starting this cycle with Femara hoping it does the trick. Good luck to you. :dust:

Thank you! Good luck to you too! My doctor said we will try Clomid for 4 cycles only & then if that doesn't work, we'll look at other options. I'm hoping the Clomid will do the trick & I don't get too many side effects! How long have you been ttc?

We have been TTC for almost 3 years.

I had my first RE appt yesterday. I also had an ultrasound and she told me the same thing about all the little dots around my ovaries. That they are follicles that are not mature yet. I was Just thrilled to see that I actually have ovaries, I was beginning to have my doubts lol. Now that I know there are eggys in there, I just have to figure out how to get the little suckers to pop out :)

I tried a few things before going to the RE because I knew my insurance wouldn't cover it. I did 5 cycles with soy Iso and still no O. I also tried 3 months of vitex to try and regulate my cycle, but all that did was cause constant spotting and horrible headaches.

I finally went to the RE and It didn't cost as much as I thought it would, I just hope the Femara works because its cheap ($30). If the Femara doesn't bring on ovulation my next step is injectables and those are expensive! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

After my first 3 cycles on clomid, I started taking it at night to avoid the side effects and it helped a lot. I recommend taking it right before bed. You just have to make sure to take it the same time everyday

We've been TTC for almost a year & half. I've tried so many things! Soy Iso is one of things I haven't tried, though. I take Maca Root, now.. which I love so far. I had the same issue with Vitex. I hated it!

I actually got a just-about-positive OPK this afternoon. So on the off-chance that one of my eggs decides to release, we'll be BDing like crazy for the next few days.. :lol:

I hope this is our month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->