Enemas

ambertwogood

The Twogood's
Reaction score
I've read and been told by numerous people that there is a pretty big possibility of of having a bm will delivering. I was wondering if any of you have given yourself an enema when you realised labour was imminent and if it worked or if it just made the situation worse by giving you the runs while delivering, lmao.:haha::blush::haha:

Hahaha. Yes I absolutely did enemas with all 3 of my Lil ones. Did my first at the hospital since I didn't think I was actually in labor. My other 2 were dome at home prior to my shower. So glad I did. My body pretty much naturally cleaned itself out so I probably would have been fine but the idea of having a bowel movement while pushing out a baby just mortified me. I'd definitely recommend it. Its not too bad. One less thing to worry about.

Glad I gave you a laugh, haha. I'm tickled now. The thought of pooping on the table in front of my so, mom, and niece mortifies me. I'm sure my so and the medical team would act as though it never happened, but my family tends to be really sarcastic and I don't think either one of them would ever let me live it down. As if I'm not already in the most comprising, uncomfortable, and humiliating position of my life with all all my lady bits exposed and spread eagle like a thanksgiving turkey on the table for my family to see. No thank you, I'd really like to spare myself additional embarrassment, lol. But then I thought, oh god, what if I give myself an enema and think I'm good but it just makes me have the runs later on, whoa, that would be even worse.:wacko::blush: lol. I just didn't want to have an even more disastrous situation on my hands than what I was already attempting to prepare myself for. Lol.

PS, I could barely write this without peeing on myself. Just the thought of what I was writing for the entire world to see had me giggling so bad I almost peed myself. Lol. Pregnancy is just lovely, why with all all the peeing and pooping on ourselves, why wouldn't everyone want to experience this? Lmao :shrug::blush::haha:

My body naturally cleared out in early labour but I'd really not want the discomfort of an enema in labour, plus if you'll be uncomfortable in any way with anyone in the delivery room I'd rethink about having them in there.
Xx

No, but I wish I had!! I pooped in the birthing pool when her head came out! I can remember shouting at the mw 'I'm so sorry, I've not been for 2 days!' Lol how mortifying! But they were fantastic and just whipped it away discreetly.
Good luck xx

Lol no once the enema is in you'll get it all out that first time on the toilet. There's no issue with bowels later from the enema. As far as being in labor and dealing with contractions, I didn't have "poop cramps" or anything of the sort with the enema so I was in no more discomfort than I already was. So it wasn't a big deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->