Enfamil A.R.

Josephs_Daddy

Joseph - born 27+5
Reaction score
Are any of you feeding your little 'uns this stuff?

Joseph came home from hospital on it and its quite a thick milk, designed to set in the stomach and prevent acid reflux/vomiting.]

However, he's still suffering greatly from colic and sever stomach cramps.

We've tried Infacoll at first which doesn't make any difference.

He's on Rinitidine ( ? ) now to help with indigestion and has not passed stool (or adecent one anyway) for about 3 or 4 days now.

The Enfamil, I think, is part of the problem because his diet is more concentrated than the recommended amount. This is because he was below the required weight Centile upon leaving the hospital. The milk is very thick. One scoop to 30ml of water is the given amount but he has 4 scoops in 100ml of water so its 'clogging him up' I reckon.

Our dietician seems o have much better things to do than to come see us, though. Where to go next??:wacko:

No direct experience im afraid with that formula. I'd def either call your HV or pop into baby clinic to see the GP, also dont feel you cant call the NICU they will be more than glad to help and hear how well Joseph was got on.

Matthew suffered bad reflux for a while but luckily he grew out of it as his body developed, he was put on baby gavisgon and this made him really constipated took us a while of reducing doses til we found a balance between relief from the reflux and regular BM.

Id maybe enquire about reducing the scoops per 30ml to the preffered amout even for a day or so see how he gets on, if he is regularly weighed you will quickly see if this is hindering his weight gain.

Also a little baby massage on his tummy and upper legs will help him go as well, even gently holding his ankles together and gently pushing his kness up towards his tummy a few times will help, he may pump on you as well but im sure a) you dont mind and b) he's prob already done far worse to you already :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->