English-Arabic Baby Boys names

BabyMama2010

Reaction score
Hello all,

Soooo although I had a nice long list of name ideas for our wee boy :baby: DH is being difficult & only liked the one! We've now decided that both him & I will think of 3 names we like each & have asked our parents to do the same. We hope that we can then narrow it down to handful from there.

Trouble is as I'm British & DH is half British-half Arabic we would like a name that works both ways for his dads side of the family.

Soooo here are my 3 top names (English version & Arabic version), for the moment anyways!

1. Ryan (Rayan)
2. Cameron (Kamran)
3. Adam (Adam)

To be honest I've already got my heart set on Ryan (Rayan) as it works so well either way. I even picture bubs looking like a Ryan. DH does like this name too although he is swaying more towards Adam & we would like more variety.....Any thoughts & suggestions are welcome please - I really cant think of any others! :wacko:

Thanks Girls xoxo :kiss:

Not really gonna help you there, but I love the name Ryan too! It's top of my list as well. X

hey hunni! im in a similar situation! my dad is libyan and he isnt happy with the pregnancy as it is....things that will make it much easier...if baba was a boy and if baba had a arabic influence name haha! i havent really looked into english vs arabic versions but its good to know that cameron has an arabic version as that was at the top of my list! I love ryan too but not keen on Adam!

Where did you find the eng / arabic names is there a site? xx

i want to suggest 2 names.They are Arabic words & they have a very blessed meaning & will have a good impact at baby s life.
1)Abdullah means gift of God
2)Mustafa means one who is blessed from God

Samira - I've been scouring the net since i got my BFP as I knew if we were to have a boy that names would be harder than girls. I just googled arabic/english names. Yahoo was helpful as was Muslimbabynames.net & baby centre listed some nice ones under their Arabic baby names section.

Ghazal - Thanks for your suggestions. I liked Abdulla too unfortunately my only nephew has that name already.

I believe that Ryan (Rayan) means Gates to Heaven in Arabic which I really love.

xx

I think Kaden (companion), Kareem (generous), Xavier (bright, splendid) don't sound too strange in English.

Also, I know an English-Turkish (I know, not Arabic) couple who named their son Gabriel, which I think is a lovely name. I think some of the Bible-based names work also in Arabic (like Caleb).

All 3 of your choices are great too.

i like Karim and Caleb. OH is bengali but i'm not overly keen on most bengali names so we're either usin Caleb Romane or Romane Kamal.. only cos OH doesn't like Karim!

I've just discovered Zakariya (Zac) is also an arabic name. Its the name of one of the prophets in the Quran. I like this better than Adam!

Szaffi - I like Kaden too but cant help thinking it sounds girly! & DH isnt keen. Caleb was another I looked at but it seems its pronounced like Kelb in arabic which means dog....!

Szaffi/Xolilly - Kareem/Karim in another nice one but OH dad is called that & the way arabic names work our LO will have it in his name already anyway.

my son is called adam and my oh is half arabic and his side of the family say his name like adaam and we say adam. i dont know any other names tho sorry xxxxxxxx

I really like Cameron/Kamran. My colleague who is in the same situation as you called her first son Kamran and her second Zakariyah. She just refers to them as Kam and Zac which i think is really cute.

Btw - your kids will be adorable and have the most beautiful colouring! :)

We are a French-Arabic-English couple and are thinking of Gabriel for a boy - it works in Arabic as Jibriel / Djibril (like the footballer Cissé ;))

micah (michael) i think its hebrew tho

My FOB is Albanian, so I'm totally out of luck finding a name that will work with both of our cultures.

For arabic/american, my best friend is Lebanese. Her brothers are named Adam, Tarek, and Wassam (We call him Sam).

I liek the name.. Ihsan.......(heavenly 'h' accent!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->