English first name, Portuguese last name??

C

camila88

Sorry...another new thread :p I'm just overly excited about names and all today... may be the hormones :p

So, dh and I are brazilian and live in Brazil. Now I've got a huuuge family and his family is well..."medium" i'd say haha

So most brazilian names we like are "taken" already... there are many english names we like (like jayden for a boy) and there are only veryyy few with english names in our family. But we have a brazilian last name and first and last name have to sound good together.... do you think names like jayden go with our last name Cardoso? or is that weird?

thx girlies :*

You have a great last name to work with!! It goes with everything!

sounds fine to me

Jason sound a little better imho but they both flow well

I grew up in a small town that had a large Portuguese community - there were plenty of girls with popular English names with their Portuguese Last names.

Amanda, Christa, Stephanie, Pamela

For boys I knew Chad, Brent, Chris, Randy.

In Canada anyways because it is largely built on immigration its not abnormal or unusual to have a widely popularly English with a last name with different origins.

I am Jessica with a very recognizable Yugoslavian last name as my grandparents immigrated.

Jayden Cardoso flows well! Are people going to be able to pronounce his name properly in Brazil though? My family is also Brazilian and we are having a hard time picking out a name they can say without murdering it!

Jayden Cardoso flows well! Are people going to be able to pronounce his name properly in Brazil though? My family is also Brazilian and we are having a hard time picking out a name they can say without murdering it!

haha that was our next problem :p some names are not a problem, but if i try saying Jayden with a brazilian accent it sounds kind of weird :D Everybody in my family speaks fluent english, but loooots of brazilians don't :p

Not sure if it is to your taste, but John would go nicely as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->