Engorged day 4

bumptwo

Reaction score
Hi. My baby is 4 days old (nearly) and my milk came in last night, my
Boobs have grown about 4 sizes and are so hard, LO keeps nursing but being small can't drink much at a time...

I also drown the poor little mite too!

What should I do? Leave them to figure out how much LO needs, pump some off (risk producing more?), something else????

Help!

Wait it out. This is normal when your milk comes in. If you pump, you will keep producing that much milk. In my experience, it took about 3 days for my boobs to realize we don't need that much. It was really uncomfortable (mine were rock hard and also felt hot and itchy) but it goes away. Too make it a little more bearable for your LO, you can gently hand express a small amount so it doesn't drown them and makes it easier to latch. Good luck! You're doing great if your milk is already in!

Yes I agree, don't pump as you will produce more. I am day 6 now, milk came in day 3/4 and things are settling :thumbup: Both this and last time around I found the rugby hold good if LO is struggling to latch onto a rock hard boob!

I pumped it out and now ive been breastfeeding for almost 4 months i dont have engorgement issues it passes sooner than you think. You could pump a lil to help....

Hand express just to take the edge off. This will help baby to latch better too. Keep nursing on demand and it will settle soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->