Enlarged thyroid

Belgrove

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have done a search but have not been able to find any info.

I have what the endocrinologist described as an enlarged lumpy thyroid, I met wit him for the first 2 weeks ago. He wants to investigate further!
I have an appt on Thurs for an Ultrasound and lots of bloods. And then back to him on 15/2.

Have any of you ladies any experience with this, my std bloods with my own GP are fine - but he referred me :)thumbup:).
I have been mentioning enlarged thyroid to 2 other docs since we started trying to conceive 4 1/2 years ago and they just ran bloods and said it was fine! :growlmad:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance x :loopy:
:flower:

Hi chick,

An englarged thyroid can be a symptom of thyroid dysfunction - either an over active thyroid or an underactive one. I have just been diagnosed with an overactive thyroid.

Basically, when you get your bloods back they will be looking at your TSH and T3 and T4.

If your TSH is low and your T3 and/or T4 high, you probably have an overactive thyroid.

If your TSH is high and your T3 and/or T4 low, your probably have an underactive thyroid.

Having either of these disorders could affect fertility - they can prevent ovulation or make it irregular and cause hormone inbalances. The thyroid is like the centre of your hormonal system - if that is out of whack, the rest of your hormones could be too.

The good news is that both conditions are very very treatable. My own doctor is certain that when I get treated it will greatly aid my TTC efforts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->