entitled to maternity grant?

zoe r

Reaction score
hello! ive read loads of stuff on this, im not on income support, my partner works , i dont. we recieve child tax credit and he gets working tax credit,and i am 35 weeks pregnant with my second child. all i keep reading is that i would be intitled if we were on the higher rate? what is this and how would i know if we were on it? i dont want to apply for it for no reason, any help would be appriciated. xxx

i know some people on working tax and family tax credits are intitled to the maternity grant but im not sure how its worked out, i think your best bet is to ring someone at family/working tax and explain your situation and see if you intitled - good luck!

You definitely have to be on the higher rate of Child Tax Credit or have a disability element in your tax credits. I'm not sure how much it is, but the easiest way to find out is phone your office that deals with Social Fund (they pay the Mat Grants) and ask. If they can't/won't tell you - apply for it anyway. You can apply 11 weeks before your baby's due and up to 3 months after. So if you don't qualify now - it may mean you qualify once your Tax Credits have been ammended to take into account new bub

If you get £548 or more in child tax credits or over £1095 a year if you have a baby under one then you will be entitled to the grant :)

If you are not entitled to it now then it will be worth looking into again after your baby is born as your tax credits will change :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->