epidural discussion

thanks guys... my feelings really havent changed about natural birth or parenting, but i just feel like... wow... what i really want most above all that is to HAVE MY BABY HERE. it stinks :(

Certainly!

... and going for the natural route as far as epidurals are concerned, any well women, gives herself the best chance of not increasing the risk of further interventions such as; augmentation of labour by oxytocin, constant fetal monitoring, fetal distress, instrumental delivery, and emergency c-section.

... these medical interventions all have there place and time.. but should be reserved and not routinely available.

Best outcomes are also usually achieved where a women has continuous support in labour, which provides:
Emotional support, Informational support, physical support and Advocacy.

For me being at home where I couldn't have an epidural and have continous support (My partner or my MW wouldn't leave me) was not only a personal choice, but one that was sound evidence and the sensible option with how I was presenting and my level of comfort.

As well as the consideration, my local hospital having some above average c-section rates (just under 1 in 3 women who walk through the doors, and only a 55% normalcy rates - that is women having vaginal births, rather than deliveries, without medical assistance.. where it should be 20% and 80% respectively)

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->