Epilator opinions!

MrsButterfly

Mummy
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying an epilator instead of shaving and occasional waxing but don't know anyone who uses one. Can anyone give me any opinions on how good the result is. And how painful it is?!

I have one from Braun.

https://braun.braun.com/pk/silk-epil-epilators/silk-epil-5/silk-epil-5-models.html

I would say pain factor ... Hmnn...makes your eyes water lol. I hear after extended use it gets less painful.

Regrowth is really good, I can get a good 6 weeks out of it before I see any signs of regrowth.

I've used it on my tash (lol it has a face adapter) and that certainly makes the eyes water lol.

All in all a good epilator. I only got that one cuz it was cheap but I'm sure there's better ones on the market from Braun.

I use it on my underarms & have done for 6 years, maybe longer? The result is really good! Hairs are really fine now & cant really see when you start to get regrowth. I dont think its painful.
Used on my bikini line a few times, i would say it hurts but bareable otherwise i wouldnt be able to do it!
Tried once on my legs... Never again!

I have Panasonic Wet-Dry Epilator (ESWD51P). I love it.
I use it on my under arms, legs and bikini area.

I have a Philips one. I'd definately recommend it! I use it on legs, bikini & underarms. I have been using it for a few months and I am really pleased with it.

Painwise, the first few times, I'm not going to lie, it hurt like a bitch...but it got less and less each time. Now, the pain is barely felt.

I'm a wuss. I've never even tried waxing because I simply cannot see that being anything but excruciating. :haha: However, I gave epilating a go. I think it took a little getting used to, having not done anything other than shaved before but it definitely wasn't as horrible as I feared. I went nice and slow and just kept at it and soon enough it became nothing. Definitely have better results than shaving. I have dark, coarse hair. If you look down an hour or so after shaving, it's like you could just SEE it grow. :haha: However, epilating lasts much longer and really gets the root so I don't have the ugly spots after shaving. I love it, and need to get back into it. I stopped during the pregnancy because I found it hurt a whole lot more! :wacko:

I've had 2, both from Braun. I had one that was only useable when plugged and was for dry only. Now, I have one that I can use under the shower and much prefer that one. Hurts less and is just more practical. I think it's better since your pores open up as well so it's just an overall more pleasant experience.

I know they sell home laser therapy now so I was wondering about that myself but I stil think epilating is worth it. :flower:

I've got a Braun one that I've used for at least 15 years and it's still going strong! I do my underarms, legs and bikini line. It's much better than shaving cos it lasts longer between "shaves". My underarms and legs don't hurt at all but bikini line does hurt a bit. I'd definitely recommend it!

I have one and IMO it's bloody excruciating. I waxed (both at home and at a salon) for years and never batted an eyelid, but the epilator is gathering dust in a cupboard as it utter agony. And it takes AGES. I normally ended up epilating one leg and shaving the other as I got so bored :haha:

Thanks for your opinions ladies - much appreciated. Think I'm gonna give it a go. Def will go for a wet and dry one as I'm sure the water will help with the pain!

Ladies who use them, how does it compare to waxing? I spend a fortune getting legs, bikini and underarm waxed fortnightly at a salon. It doesn't hurt me at all, I just lie and relax. Is epilator likely to be more painful? And when you say slow, like how slow?

I find it way more painful. I wouldn't do it again, sorry :rofl:

I just epilated for the first time in about a year a few days ago and I've never waxed before so I'm pretty much noob. It did sting in places like near my ankles and where the skin is thinner but it was bearable and not excruciating.

No regrowth as of yet which is good because if I would have shaved I'd have stubble right now. It took me two HOURS to epilate both but that was probably because I had a forest on my legs - I don't think its meant to take that long lol.

Mines a Braun one. Only ever use it on legs. Think underarms would be far too painful to even try!
Think they are great personally

I got a braun one about a month ago. It really hurt to begin with but it came with an ice glove to numb the skin a bit beforehand which helped. I've only used it on my legs, working up the courage to use it on my armpits. But it doesn't get all the hairs (maybe I'm doing it wrong :dohh: ) but my legs still feel stubbly after using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->