Episiotomy pain 7 months postnatal

laxobellavida

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've has some concerns about my episiotomy.
I gave birth to an almost 10 pound baby boy 7 months ago. During the delivery, I had to have an episiotomy and I had very bad hemmoroids. The episiotomy took a few months to heal and some stitches fell out prematurely, which led to an extended healing time. I've had sex since then with no pain. But when I sit for long periods of time, the area (left side) where the cut was aches or I'll get throbbing aches in my rectum. Has anyone else had this? At first I thought it was due to healing but now it's 7 months later and I'm getting worried..

I had an episiotomy with my first birth and I often got little aches and pains down there, even when my daughter was 18 months old. If your worried in the slightest I would go see your doctor :)

I had throbing pain in my rectum for 2 years after dd was born. It was an anal fissure. It might be worthwhile mentioning it to your doctor because there are treatments available for it. Then again if it is an anal fissure, bowel mouvements would be quite painful.

Ugh the JOYS of having a baby.....I have the same problem, I tore naturally and it aches around my vagina opening where i tore too....the doctor told me its scar tissue and I should try massaging the area....I had my baby 10 months ago....I have pains in places I never had before I had a baby, its totally normal, but go see a doctor too relax ur mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->