Equipment??

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
I know it's early to be thinking about weaning, but as we're short on money, I want to start buying the equipment we'll need so that we can spread the cost out....

I know we'll need bowls, spoons etc, but can anyone give me an idea of how many of each thing we should be looking to have, and if there's any other equipment that we need/might need?? I'm keen to make a lot of the purees - can anyone recommend any recipies/recipie books??

Thanks!
xx

Recipes- didn't use many but I did look at a few library books and my HV gave me a leaflet about weaning with recipe suggestions.

Highchair was £50.

Bowls and plate he had got as a present. But often he gets fed from a mini tupperware esp if it's something I've had in the fridge!

Cup was £1.47 (tommee tippee.)

Spoons- started with 2 sets of 3 but a couple have been lost somewhere along the way!!! They were about £2 for a set I think.

I already had a hand blender.

So not too expensive really. You can spend whatever you want on a high chair, you can get them from £25 up to like £200!!!

i would def. recommend the annabel karmel books, though her website, seems very good too https://www.annabelkarmel.com/

i would recommend a little hand blender, like a cheap one from argos, does the job great. and some flexible ice cube trays - i brought the annabel karmel ones from boots, but a friend has just some normal cheap tesco's one that work the same.

i would also recommend freezer bags for putting the frozen food cubes in :)

we also have a selection of different pots from mothercare, like the little humprehys corner with lids which are great for out and about.

i would personally suggest about 5/6 spoons and a few bowls. we seem to use the same ones over again, i just wash them up after a meal and pop them in our cold water steriliser, though you don't need to sterilise just a personal preference :)

edit - oh yes highchair for us has been great, though you could feed in a bumbo chair, also we have quite a few different beakers as i haven't found one maddi likes yet :dohh:

hi there,

To be honest I use a lot of jam jars to store food in. If I am out and about I use little ones such as mustard pots or even mini jam pots. When they are dirty I just put them in the dishwasher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->