ER visit for pain and pink spotting- have sub chorionic

TTCtiffany

Reaction score
Felt a little off and figured better safe then sorry- they did a pelvi and said cervix was closed, no blood and everything looked good! Had an ultrasound, saw little one who was moving all around and HB was 182....
I'm 9 weeks btw. So I thought everything was great, until the doctor told me I have two small sub chorionic hemmeroges. She said this can increase your risk for miscarriage- and to have a follow up! I am terrified and crying and found a lot of conflicting information- some said its no big deal at all and others said it is! Does anyone else have this?

I had this with my ds. The way I found out I had one was through bleeding and a subsequent scan.
There's a support group on here I think in pregnancy groups with pages of people who have had one and their stories. I found it a really helpful read.

I certainly do advise no heavy lifting and drinking plenty of water. The reason being, I carried my dd2 (2yrs) half a mile as she refused to walk when I was pregnant one day. That very night I bled heavily. Staying hydrated is important as the womb contracts when you get dehydrated and can irritate the sch.

I'm sure things will be fine for you :flower:

I had 3 small bleeds under my placenta at my 13 week scan. The risk is that they can bleed more and cause pressure causing the placenta to seperate but as long as they stay as they are there should be no problem. Many women who have them and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Something that makes a BIG difference is that you are still early on in the pregnancy. The placenta is still small and is growing rapidly. The damaged areas of the placenta will soon be so small in comparison to the placenta itself that they will be insignificant. Where the placenta has seperated it can't reattach itself but it grows around those areas fine. When you are in the 2nd or 3rd tri it is a lot more serious because it is likely to be much bigger and the placenta doesnt have as much growing left to do to recover from it. There is also a risk of the mother hemorrhaging.

I was told to rest and not to lift, bend or climb stairs etc for 6 weeks and by that time it should go away by itself. We did a private scan at 16 weeks (3 weeks later) to check on things and they were still visible but much smaller. The scan at 18 weeks showed they had gone. I never had any bleeding externally. The blood just reabsorbed. The doctor said I could loose some of the old blood as a brown discharge but I never did.

I had this with my ds. The way I found out I had one was through bleeding and a subsequent scan.
There's a support group on here I think in pregnancy groups with pages of people who have had one and their stories. I found it a really helpful read.

I certainly do advise no heavy lifting and drinking plenty of water. The reason being, I carried my dd2 (2yrs) half a mile as she refused to walk when I was pregnant one day. That very night I bled heavily. Staying hydrated is important as the womb contracts when you get dehydrated and can irritate the sch.

I'm sure things will be fine for you :flower:

Thank you so much- I felt so lost today, the discharge papers said threatened abortion and everything was so overwhelming! Especially after seeing the little bean kicking around in there! Thank you for your reasurance :hugs::hugs:

I had 3 small bleeds under my placenta at my 13 week scan. The risk is that they can bleed more and cause pressure causing the placenta to seperate but as long as they stay as they are there should be no problem. Many women who have them and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Something that makes a BIG difference is that you are still early on in the pregnancy. The placenta is still small and is growing rapidly. The damaged areas of the placenta will soon be so small in comparison to the placenta itself that they will be insignificant. Where the placenta has seperated it can't reattach itself but it grows around those areas fine. When you are in the 2nd or 3rd tri it is a lot more serious because it is likely to be much bigger and the placenta doesnt have as much growing left to do to recover from it. There is also a risk of the mother hemorrhaging.

I was told to rest and not to lift, bend or climb stairs etc for 6 weeks and by that time it should go away by itself. We did a private scan at 16 weeks (3 weeks later) to check on things and they were still visible but much smaller. The scan at 18 weeks showed they had gone. I never had any bleeding externally. The blood just reabsorbed. The doctor said I could loose some of the old blood as a brown discharge but I never did.

Thank you! I had not thought of it like this! It was so nerve racking to hear and we are in the process of moving to a new state, so all around hard situation! I appreciate the post, and a different perspective! Made me feel much better :hugs:

I have one and found out at my first dating scan which was too early to show the fetal pole so I had to come back a bit later. The first visit the doctor seemed so unconcerned that I didn't even think about it as a risk. The second visit, where I did see HB and fetal pole, they said the sch had shrunk which was reAlly good. It was only then that I realized that it was something more than the possibility of spotting. She explained to me, however, that the size matters...mine is evidently quite small and shrinking. I've had no spotting so the shrinking suggests its just reabsorbing (much like what happens when you get a bruise I guess). Early, as pp said, is better too as later ones can be quite serious. Yes, there can be an increased risk but like anything various factors make a big difference. I was not told to avoid lifting or exercise, but that could be my individual case. I'm nervous too but am trying to avoid the anxiety that I experienced with my last pregnancy and the possible bad things and just taking it day by day. Good luck and HH 9 months!

Threatened abortion is such a scary term but its what they write on your records for any kind of bleeding so it doesn't mean anything in itself except that you had the spotting.

I have one and found out at my first dating scan which was too early to show the fetal pole so I had to come back a bit later. The first visit the doctor seemed so unconcerned that I didn't even think about it as a risk. The second visit, where I did see HB and fetal pole, they said the sch had shrunk which was reAlly good. It was only then that I realized that it was something more than the possibility of spotting. She explained to me, however, that the size matters...mine is evidently quite small and shrinking. I've had no spotting so the shrinking suggests its just reabsorbing (much like what happens when you get a bruise I guess). Early, as pp said, is better too as later ones can be quite serious. Yes, there can be an increased risk but like anything various factors make a big difference. I was not told to avoid lifting or exercise, but that could be my individual case. I'm nervous too but am trying to avoid the anxiety that I experienced with my last pregnancy and the possible bad things and just taking it day by day. Good luck and HH 9 months!
Thank you for this! It names me feel a lot better! The ER Doctor was very concerned but I have a follow up with my doctor who I think can shed more light on this! I'm feeling so much more optimistic about this!!

Threatened abortion is such a scary term but its what they write on your records for any kind of bleeding so it doesn't mean anything in itself except that you had the spotting.
Thank you! I read that in my papers and broke down crying! I was like what do you mean??? The baby is fine!

It's a scary term, threatened abortion/miscarriage. It's what they told me too. Stay strong and positive :hugs:

It is overwhelming, but you'll get through it :flower: the babies are incredibly tough in there x

I hope all goes well I'm 7 weeks pregnant I haven't told anyone but my
In laws and parents since I have a history of two miscarriages I started spotting yesterday went to the er they did an ultrasound baby is good but they said I'm measuring a week behind maybe conception happened late they said I haven't even posted my bfp story here yet I'm still not relaxed I hope all goes well I need the prayers ladies I have another ultrasound in two weeks I hope the bean sticks

In laws and parents since I have a history of two miscarriages I started spotting yesterday went to the er they did an ultrasound baby is good but they said I'm measuring a week behind maybe conception happened late they said I haven't even posted my bfp story here yet I'm still not relaxed I hope all goes well I need the prayers ladies I have another ultrasound in two weeks I hope the bean sticks
Hope all goes well with you and baby

Hope all goes well with you and baby

Thanks so much so far going well but still spotting on and off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"