Ergo vs other carriers?

Just had a look at the Scootababy....looks good.

I'm still thinking hard about the Scootababy. It looks like it would provide more back support than a ring sling once the baby gets heavier. I'll definitely hold on to my ring sling, though. I'm sure there will be times when I want something really compact.

Ring sling is super comfy for me with my 16month old. I've only been using ring sling for a few weeks after using an Ergo since she was a couple of weeks old. I find it really secure and super easy to use!! :) but that's just me, definitely other peoples have different carriers they get on well with.

Have you had a look to see if there is a local sling library meeting for you both to attend? Particulary if OH may have some difficulty.

There are some babywearing groups we could attend, and I know at least one store that has slings for trying on. But it seems like the Scootababy is really rare! Their "Where to buy" list didn't have a single store in Illinois. I don't know what my odds are of finding one, and also finding someone willing to lend me a baby ;)

I didn't realise you were in the US, but I would definitely recommend attending some sort of group or library session to try on slings & carriers. Perhaps ring ahead as they will have contacts and they might be able to get hole of one?

My library session had a weighted doll baby to practise with :thumbup: :)

If I can find one at the right time, I could see if my sister in law wants to come and bring my nephew. The only one I've found so far is on a day when DH works, and it's going to be harder to find a suitable carrier for him. A weighted doll is better than nothing, though!

If you can get to a library or trial session, I would definitely recommend it! Some of them do trials by post as well if your OH cant make it to a session. I have tried various slings/carriers with my LO. I have tried stretchy wrap, boba 3g, wompat, ring sling, hippy seat and a Scootababy. All have had their plus points and down sides. I know lots of people say its easier to move to a back carry but my LG hates being on my back! Doesn't matter what type of carrier I try she does not like it at all. Ring slings are good but I personally struggle with them and dont really like them. Love the Wompat for front carries but as other posters have said soft structured carriers dont really work on the hip. I am currently using a Scootababy which I have mixed feelings on. My LG loves it once its on and is very chatty. She really loves being hip carried. I find the straps hard to adjust once she's on and for some reason whilst she is happy to be carried in it, if I have to stretch over her head to fix the strap, she starts getting really upset. It could just be me being awkward though as I wear her on my left hip then have to use the left hand to adjust which is a bit tricky. Really torn on this one as she is happy in it & it is really easy to use. Just not entirely sure if its a keeper. Worth bearing in mind that most well know carriers hold their value and can be sold on if they dont quite work for you.

i have a meitai,, Meitai can be worn from birth unlike the ergo which is very larde for a newborn and it is not very advisable to put a baby in an newborn insert. my favourite from birth is the mysol meitai and atm i have a wearababy meitai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->