Erin Rebecca

Hevz

4 beautiful children
Reaction score
As a lot of you may know I was induced last Monday (26th Jan) as my baby needed continuous monitoring coz of the large cyst on my placenta. Drs were worried that the cyst could cause cord abruption ad wanted to be on standby so I went straight to delivery suite for my induction where they could keep a close eye on us.

Got there at 8am and was taken to a room and put on the monitor for an hour to check baby was fine to start with. At about 10am I was given some gel which gave me a few contractions but then they seemed to stop, they said they couldn't do anything else for 6hours after the gel though so I played on the bouncy ball in my room for something to do:yipee:...I think mine was broken coz I'm sure when I was a kid they had handles and you could race on them:rofl:. Can you imagine women with huge bumps racing up and down the corridor:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

At 7.30pm I was about 3-4cm and they broke my waters and then I started getting proper contractions...I had already decided that I wanted an epidural and got one just in time as the pains were getting pretty bad, there was a woman screaming down the corridor too and I was desperate to get my epidural before the anaesthetist was called into theatre:dohh:. Once the epidural was in place all my pains were a distant memory and I could just feel the tightening feeling from the contraction but none of the pain :cloud9:. We sat watching tv, waiting for me to dilate which was a bit bizarre (and boring) but hey ho, I think I got a bit of kip too.

It was now the early hours of the 27th Jan and I could feel pressure down below and when midwife examined me she said baby was nearly ready, I altered my position and immediately felt more pressure so started to push...took a few minutes and Erin was delivered straight onto my tummy:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. 1.09am 27.1.09. She started to breastfeed about 10mins after delivery as she was rooting around....she fed for about 30mins and was wonderful. We lay there having skin to skin contact for about an hour which was amazing. She was checked over and weighed before we were taken to the ward, she weighed 6lbs 9ozs. When we got to the ward I was very tired so hubby went home and I tried to get some sleep but little miss greedy guts wanted more food so I fed her for another hour then we both went to sleep:cloud9:.

We stayed in hospital for a few days as Erin was 3 weeks early and her blood sugars were a bit low and she was having a bit of trouble keeping her temperature so she had a heated cot. The food was awful in hospital and I couldn't get home fast enough:dohh:

Once home Erin settled in nicely...the other kids adore her and she's slotted in beautifully. Hubby has to go back to work on Thursday so I'm a bit panicky about that but hopefully we'll cope:shrug:

My birth story wasn't all that exciting probably to you but it was the completion of my family and was an amazing experience. Looking forward to getting into a family routine now....wonder how long that'll take:muaha:

I dunno how to add pics:dohh:....you'll have to make do with the avatar picture:rofl::blush:

Congratulations Heather! :hug: :hug: :hug: She is utterly perfect.

I'm still giggling at the thought of labouring mothers racing on spacehoppers up and down the corridors of the delivery suite! :rofl: Love it!

Congratulations honey. Sounds like a lovely, calm birth xx

Congratulations hun she is beautiful xx

Congratulations hun, she really is beautiful. Are you sure baby Erin completes your family:rofl: Hope she and you are both well. x

Sound like a wonderful birth, which you certainly deserved after such a worrysome pregnancy! Congratuations, and thanks for sharing the story!

Congratulations :D sounds like a lovely birth story xxx

That was a lovely peaceful birth story hevz, congratultions again, and she's a little honey!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->