Erm, am i the only one with a 9 month old who STILL falls asleep on me during day?!

loverguts

Reaction score
It is driving me mad!! Damien is perfect at night, i put him in his cot and within 10 mins of babbling to himself he's usually asleep.... but daytime naps are a nightmare!!
He wont fall asleep unless im walking around with him and even then he will usually wake up as soon as i put him into his cot and cry till i pick him up!
He is still sleeping quite a lot on my chest as its just easier to not have a cranky overly tired baby but obviously my little man is getting a bit too heavy to be doing this with!
Any suggestions? I did CIO a couple of months ago (ish) as we had major bedtime issues and it worked really well, will it work for daytime naps?! :wacko:

Sorry hun no suggestions but I will be watching this thread as I have the same problem with Ivy which is why I spend so much time on here :rofl:

My LO is 8 1/2 months and still feeds (BF) to sleep for naps and bedtimes. However I did CC with my eldest daughter when she was 11 months and we were advised by the HV to do it for naps and bedtime and it did work all round :hugs:

I got stuck in that routine until I decided just to pop her on a long pillow and try calming her to sleep that way.

my lo naps in her pram, at least i have my hands free that way! hope you find something that works for you.

We have just done cio with harrison and as much as it broke my heart within 2days i can now put him down at night or naps and within mins hes asleep and hes having 2 1/1.5hr naps a day rather than cat naps here and there. Which in turn is making night wakings less frequent :happydance: cio isnt for everyone and i always said i wouldnt do it but im due back at work next month and im sure no one else will have the time to sit and let him nap on them. X

About a month ago I got fed up having LO napping on me. Don't get me wrong I loved my cuddles, but we were also cosleeping and we were together 24/7!! My mum came to visit and it took her half hour of crying to take a nap in the pram.
She still naps in the pram but in her room. We are also on second night of CC and the longest she moaned for was 20mins! She was defaintly ready to go into her own bed! Hoping to get her into her cot for naps once night time is sorted out, probably will do some sort of CC. :flower:

No advice, but my lo still naps on me. She will sleep in her pram if I take her out. Olivia is also bit of nightmare during the night. Feeds to sleep, wont sleep unless we co-sleep. She can wake every 30 to 45 min and then take hours to get back to sleep.

I could have written your post!
Tobias sleeps brilliantly at night now most of the time. we did some sleep training a little while ago.
However naps are a nightmare! I can get him to settle in my arms, but transfering him to the cot is impossible. I think though, that at this age it is to do with separation anxiety and also that he is afraid on what he is missing out on!!
I have tried doing CC on naps, but after an hour and a half he was still shouting at the top of his lungs with no change. At least when we did it at bedtime, I could see it working!!!!!!

So I'm sorry, but I don't have any advice, just to let you know that you are not alone!

Lol, my mate on here has a 14 month old that still sleeps on her ;) :thumbup: Good luck! x

Thank you all for the advice, (writing this while my LO is asleep on me again!!!) im glad to know im not alone! Definitely do NOT want a 14 month old who still naps on me hehe so i am gonna have a go at CIO for naps. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->