Erm. Weight gain?!

Definately feel like I´ve put on loads of weight, my belly seems loads bigger but not firm untill last thing at night when it´s at its bloaty biggest. This really is a horrible stage. :nope:

Hey! Glad I'm not the only one! The bloating is awful! I am only comfortable in elasticated waistbands lol!
I have probably put on around 4lbs already I reckon. I have been eating not particularly healthy as ive had crazy food aversions to pretty much everything I loved so I'm just eating whatever I can...theres no meal planning at my house right now its literally whatever I fancy when I get in. I'm not too worried though. Weight gain is to be expected and I'm hoping once I get passed the 1st tri my love for all things healthy will return. The only thing I am struggling with is the fact that I am having to hide under baggy clothes so people don't suspect. I had lost about 1/2 a stone before i feel pregnant and had toned up so I was in not bad shape and I very rarely had a pot belly like I have now so I think it would be quite obvious to people looking at me especially side on haha. I will look forward to when my secrets out and I can show off my little bloated belly. I had an ectopic in nov at 8 weeks and a mc in may this year at 9 weeks and neither did I have a belly like I do right now! I am trying to eat little and often but have found that sometimes I eat like ive never been fed haha. Bring on xmas dinner! Lol x

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and put on 3 pounds so far. I have a 5 month old son and when i was pregnant with him i didnt start to put weight on till 7 months pregnant. Put 2 stone on altogether. And lost it within 2 weeks of birth. So i was jst all baby and baby weight. He was a big 9lbs7ozs. Was back to ma pre pregnancy weight in 2 weeks. I am a stone lighter than a was when i fell pregnant last time but putting on weight already :( really hope its like last time n not puting on 5 stone lol. But i suppose every pregnancy is different and ur body reacts in diff ways lol

Hey! Glad I'm not the only one! The bloating is awful! I am only comfortable in elasticated waistbands lol!
I have probably put on around 4lbs already I reckon. I have been eating not particularly healthy as ive had crazy food aversions to pretty much everything I loved so I'm just eating whatever I can...theres no meal planning at my house right now its literally whatever I fancy when I get in. I'm not too worried though. Weight gain is to be expected and I'm hoping once I get passed the 1st tri my love for all things healthy will return. The only thing I am struggling with is the fact that I am having to hide under baggy clothes so people don't suspect. I had lost about 1/2 a stone before i feel pregnant and had toned up so I was in not bad shape and I very rarely had a pot belly like I have now so I think it would be quite obvious to people looking at me especially side on haha. I will look forward to when my secrets out and I can show off my little bloated belly. I had an ectopic in nov at 8 weeks and a mc in may this year at 9 weeks and neither did I have a belly like I do right now! I am trying to eat little and often but have found that sometimes I eat like ive never been fed haha. Bring on xmas dinner! Lol x

Yeah, I'm not comfortable in jeans or tight clothes either - I described it to my husband the other night as when I undid them it felt like a sponge re-expanding... Bit wierd isn't it!

I'd like to think my stomach is sticking out more, but in honesty, its probably not, I've never been blessed with a flat stomach! My waist has definitely flattened out though, I've definitely got less curves than I did two weeks ago!

X

My stomachs never been really flat either unless i'm underweight.. I think pregnancy is the only time i wont feel embarrassed wearing a bikini or going swimming lol

My stomachs never been really flat either unless i'm underweight.. I think pregnancy is the only time i wont feel embarrassed wearing a bikini or going swimming lol

Hehe I'm with you here! I'm not overweight, but my stomach just doesn't go away unless I starve myself for a week!! X

Hehe I'm with you here! I'm not overweight, but my stomach just doesn't go away unless I starve myself for a week!! X

Hahaha this is so me, I´m to lazy to get a toned tummy so have to make do with the jelly belly unless i starve. x

It's a right pain isn't it?! lol At least we can embrace the belly for 9 months x

You know what though, I'm not actually that bad with my food (I could always be better!) and I'm pretty well conditioned, I've always trained quite hard (not so much at the minute) too - just my stomach doesn't notice either of those things!!

Its lovely being able to enjoy it rather than hate it :)

X

im 6 weeks today and im definatley feeling more porky!

I'm excited to show off my belly & have a bump. I will defo embrace this as its much wanted so I don't care what it throws at me or how much weight I put on so long as I have a healthy baby at the end. I thought I'd be very cautious of what I ate and as I was very active I was determined to stay in shape but the nausea and fatigue means I have strayed away from both but as I enjoy healthy food I know it wont be hard to get back to my healthy ways once the 1st tri symptoms pass. & I'm hoping I can start being a bit more active after the xmas break and get out there walking a bit more.
Does anyone have any particular cravings right now? I'm almost 10 weeks and I cannot get enough of avocados! x

I'm excited to show off my belly & have a bump. I will defo embrace this as its much wanted so I don't care what it throws at me or how much weight I put on so long as I have a healthy baby at the end. I thought I'd be very cautious of what I ate and as I was very active I was determined to stay in shape but the nausea and fatigue means I have strayed away from both but as I enjoy healthy food I know it wont be hard to get back to my healthy ways once the 1st tri symptoms pass. & I'm hoping I can start being a bit more active after the xmas break and get out there walking a bit more.
Does anyone have any particular cravings right now? I'm almost 10 weeks and I cannot get enough of avocados! x

Totally agree with you! I'm just surprised I've expanded at only 6 weeks!

I'm craving carbs today! It was anything with a strong flavour but that's turning my stomach today, I've been out to buy soft white bread... Yum. Haven't had that in ages!
x

Ahh white bread....that sounds divine right now! I've just eaten my daily avocado :happydance: haha. Hows every one feeling today? x

Hehe

I have been feeling rubbish! The ms has got me! I haven't chucked, just feel really nauseous like I have an acidy tummy or something :-(

It's gone away in the last few hours, and I just had to have a curry from the take away... I've not eaten much of it, but wow it was good!

How are you doing today?

X

I've gained 12# since the start of my pregnancy and I'm now 14weeks and 2 days. Most of my gain was prior to week 10#! Being so darn thirsty, getting water retention (which is what the weight is now) and bloating and being gasy and constipated will give MANY pounds to you! Don't worry about weight gain unless your Dr is worried.

I'm just now getting into an exercise routine and being slightly less bloaty and constipated. My real bump is slowly showing:) <3

I looked 20 weeks pregnant at 6.5 weeks lol.... thankfully my system has regulated a bit more since then! It was definitely bloat for me, but god did it make me look "fat!" In the course of 2 weeks I probably looked like I had gained 10 pounds. Now I'm at 10 weeks and much less bloated, eating small amounts more frequently (along with a loss of appetite thanks to all-day-sickness o_O...) Looking forward to bump emerging in the next month or do!

(DH is convinced I already have a bump, and I have to whack him and remind him to be nice to the preggo lady lol. He thinks he's sooo funny ;-)

Hehe this makes me feel much better ladies, thank you :)

Hehe Lunarspoon talking of cheeky other halves! I complained about feeling pukey last night and he said to me 'stop complaining. I thought you wanted to be pregnant'... If it wasn't coupled with a cheeky smile I think I would have locked him out the house!!

X

Hehe this makes me feel much better ladies, thank you :)

Hehe Lunarspoon talking of cheeky other halves! I complained about feeling pukey last night and he said to me 'stop complaining. I thought you wanted to be pregnant'... If it wasn't coupled with a cheeky smile I think I would have locked him out the house!!

X

Hahaha I had the same comment the first time I was pregnant, except it didn´t come with a cheeky smile, grrrrr!

My mum just told me today I don´t look like I´ve put on a bit of weight I look pregnant! Eeeeek I´m only 7 weeks, time to stat wearing baggy clothes to hide this bloat.

This is my second, and at 8 weeks my belly looks like i am 12 weeks

I started slimming world 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant. From then to no I lost weight and put in. Up by 1lb. After morning sickness left I put on 1lb. Was at midwife this week she happy with way I am going. I am going to keep at it. I'm not prefect but making better food options if the little on. I don't want to be parnoid about weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->