Err ok...wtf?!

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Sorry ladies but i am totally baffled :wacko: My LO is 5 weeks old tomorrow and i stopped bleeding just over a week ago. It had been slowing down anyway and then stopped. I still wore pads for a couple of days just in case but nope, nothing. So i assumed that was me done...then yesterday i noticed i was getting a slightly pinky mucusy discharge so popped a pantyliner on. Then when i went up to bed a few hours later my liner was soaked basically. And i have started bleeding again. It's not heavy but it is fairly fresh looking (sorry if tmi) so does anyone have any idea if this is normal?!

I told my OH and he wondered if it was my 1st period but i was like "no way!" because a. i am sure it is much too soon for that (am i right?!) and b. i am exclusively breastfeeding so wasn't expecting them back for months :nope:

I have my 6 week check-up with our gp next week anyway so will definitely ask about it then but just wondered if anyone can help? I want to know what's going on!

This happened with me too, although I wasn't breast feeding I knew it wasn't a period because it just didn't 'feel' like on iykwim? It did stop after a couple of days though

Same- I thought mine was going away, then it came back for a few days so far, but is getting lighter again!
xx

i stopped bleeding around 5 weeks and a week after that my first period started.

so id say ur fine n its just ur af everyone is different so theres no set time

Did LO feed more than usual?

Same happened to me -- I was sure I was cleared up after 3 weeks. Even went a day or two without liners. Then started getting spotty... then BAAAM! Mega heavy uggy bleeding for 2 more weeks. :dohh: It coincided with a growth spurt from LO.

Lochia didn't totally clear until 5 weeks. I got AF back when LO was 14 weeks and again at 20 weeks. :dohh:

So much for using BFing as birth control for me! :nope:

And I was sooooo looking forward to months more with no AF. :sigh:

Thanks ladies.

Did LO feed more than usual?

That's the funny thing, there have been a few occasions where it was getting lighter and then Toby would have a mad feeding session and it would suddenly go heavier...but this was completely different, i didn't bleed at all for a week and now i'm back to needing to wear liners again :(

It doesn't feel like AF (too light, no cramps etc) but now i'm worried it might be :shrug:

I guess i'll just have to wait and see!

Exactly the same has just happened to me and our little ones were born the same day!

Wow that's spooky!

And the weirdness continues here- as it all seems to have stopped again today! :wacko: Sooooo confused, don't know what's going on :shrug: I hope that's it finished now!

Honestly, I don't blame our bodies for getting all confused -- being required to MAKE a baby, then give birth to it, then make all the necessary food for it to grow quickly and in a healthy manner -- no wonder our bodies don't know if they are coming or going! :haha:

Me too. Stopped at 5 weeks, started again a week later for another two weeks, another week off and then my bloomin' period!

Well it lasted 3 days, stopped for another week and then started again on thursday, again not as heavy as a period would normally be for me but heavy enough to need to wear a liner and change it quite frequently, and i've had a few mild cramps :wacko: I asked my GP at my 6 week check on friday and she said breastfeeding does normally supress ovulation but not always and she thinks it might be my body's attempt at a first AF :growlmad: Not impressed if it is.

BFing did f all for stopping ovulation and AF for me. :hissy:

My cycles are still wonky, and I o later than usual, but I was back to being fertile and having cycles when LO was only a couple of months old. :grr: Cycles looking pretty normal now (except longer) but I get CM changes and o pains and the whole lot. :dohh:

Ditto for me. I BF for 6 months exclusively and started AF at 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->