Escalating bullying.

05mummy07

Reaction score
My 6 year old little boy has been being bullied by the same kid for almost 2 years now, the school have failed to help, and pulling my son out is not an option right now due to lack of transport.

Today I was aproached by my sons teacher who said that there had been an 'incident' at school this afternoon but it had been sorted.. The incident in question? The other 6 year old telling my son he was going to stab him with a knife.

Now surely 6 years old or not this was a threat, and I am well within my rights to stop my son going to school until the other child has been dealt with properly, I must add that the child in question is being watched by social services, has been moved classes due to bullying, has been putting his hands down the girls knickers and telling them to show him their ''dirty minny''.. I really don't know what to do right now or who to speak to first, do I like I say stop my son going to school until I have met with his headteacher, demand to know why the kid has not been expelled yet or what?!

M son's behaviour is getting worse and worse at home, he is rude, ignorant and constantly hurts his younger brother, tonight we caught him with a knife slashing his school bag :(

:hugs: hunni.

It must be hard that he is now bringing that behaviour home as he thinks it is acceptable due to the bully at school being allowed to get away with it.

I would demand a meeting with headteacher, also speak to other parents of children who this boy has been terrorising and ask them to speak up so that there is a stronger case to take to headteacher.

Sorry, not much help am I? x

I'd work my way up the chain of command. If the teacher won't listen go to the principal (or equivalent over there), if that doesn't work the superintendent (or equivalent), etc. Make a lot of noise and don't let this get pushed aside, getting other parents involved could help you as well. Is there another class your son could switch into? Some schools, here are least, have different teachers for the same grade.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Honestly if the problem isn't resolved soon I'd pull my kid out until it's sorted so more damage cannot be done and either look into homeschooling or other schooling options until things are resolved.

Oh your poor boy :( what a scary thing to be happening. I think it's disgusting that the school are not dealing with such a serious incident. It might be worth phoning Ofsted and just asking for their views confidentially at first, and if needs be you might have to actually report the school to them - might be the only way they do something about it.

Or perhaps someone at your local authority? Something like this needs to be dealt with seriously. It sounds like the child has some serious issues and those need looking at too.

Really hope you get it resolved x

I have no advice, but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry you and your son are going through this, it must be AWFUL! Have you spoken to the headmaster? What an awful situation, I wish I could help.

If the school is not taking action, as they SHOULD! I cannot believe that child is still allowed to be in school after physically threatening another student. I would be so irrate as a parent if that happened to my kid. Then you have to do what you feel is best for teh safety of your kid- maybe talk to the principal and advise your child is not going to school till it's dealt with and get any home work needed etc... so he doesn't fall behind? Not sure what the solution would be long term though- long as that other kid is there, how can your son feel safe?

If/when possible- I would also recommend seaking counseling for your son. Obviously this bullying is affecting him very much emotionally... and it's better he get those feelings out and get any emotional help he may need before it get's worse. Not saying there is anything wrong with him at all- but stabbing his backpack or hurting his brother is a sign of agression. And, from what you've said, he's been bullied pretty bad for some time. Anyone would have troubles going through that.

My SD has gone to counselor for years- due to emotional issues brought on by her bio-mom... and honestly, it has done WONDERS for her.

Also, maybe see what can be done outside the school? Maybe contact the social services and advise what else is going on at school if they are not already aware? Any help from any other agencies in your area? I can't imagine how tough this all must be on your son as well as your family.

Sorry I've not better advise hun... just hoping it all works out soon!!! Big hugs :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->